General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Want to replace seats.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02AutoExCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Want to replace seats.

I own a 02 Ex Coupe and want to change out the stock seats because 1. They sit way too high for me and I have to slouch in order to see the road good and 2. I have lower back problems and need a seat that doesnt add to this discomfort. So basically im looking for seats that are both lower and more comfortable than stock.

My question is where do I start? Can I just buy aftermarket seats and bolt them directly in, or do I need to change the oem rails? What brands are good for my needs.

btw I test drove an 09 Cobalt SS and really liked those seats- im looking for something similiar.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by 02AutoExCoupe; 02-24-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-25-2010
Registered!!

DaSilverCivic will become famous soon enough
Re: Want to replace seats.

i was in the same boat as you... I hated the stock seats. not that i'm as tall as you but because of my lower back. seats were too soft.

if it helps, i changed my seats for ep3 seats. very inexpensive vs. getting recaros. they are stiffer which for me, feels better. i still have my lower back problems lol but still... i find it more comfortable... looks nice too.

in terms of your height.. i don't think the seats sits you any lower so that may be a bummer.

good luck
Old 02-25-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if you want a seat that sits lower than stock, you will have to go with a racing seat. the name brands like sparco and corbeau come with custom brackets that bolt right in for our cars. i had corbeau a4 at one time and they are really nice. much lower than stock, and holds you in the seat. but we need more details to offer better suggestions. are you tall, or fat, or drive long distances, because certain seats are more comfortable than others and there are wide versions depending on waist size.
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

02AutoExCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm about 6'2" weight 190lbs and am somewhat lean...maybe like a 34" waist? I do have really braod shoulders though if this helps. I just feel like when I sit up straight in my stock seats my head feels too close to the roof of the car- like im a giant driving a toy car.

Most of my driving is done on bumpy city streets for short distances...longest trips being about 50 miles and I only do this once a week.
Old 02-27-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

34 waist is the max recommended for a normal racing seat. it will be a tight fit with no room to move, which you may like. but you should fit. otherwise consider the "wide" versions for more side to side room. im a 34 and the regular version was perfect. the drop in height is quite noticable when using aftermarket seat like corbeau, at least several inches lower than the lowest stock position (if you have ex height adjusting seats). road racers love them cause their helmets dont hit the roof anymore.
Old 09-01-2010
Registered!!

gudoffer is an unknown quantity at this point

what car seats can direct fit 2001 civic ex ?

i want to put 1.7 el seats in , but the rears for fit 2dr coupe civic...

any suggestions, want leather with heated seats...comfort because i sit in my car long period of time...
Old 09-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

I really like the late 90's eclipse seats. They were adjustable in every way and sat very low to the floor. I would look into getting a pair of them.
Old 09-01-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

u guys forget the RSX seats. i love mine.