General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Car Clock flashing, won't reset after battery change

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ksymak is an unknown quantity at this point
Car Clock flashing, won't reset after battery change

Ok, Here's what happened:

My car went in for some repairs. During repairs I guess my battery died and had to be recharged. Of course in the process my factory radio went into auto-theft mode and needed to be reset with the radio code.

Ok. So I got the radio code, Had to disconnect the negative pole of the battery because apparently the maximum tries to enter had been reached. Reconnected the battery, entered the code, radio is working fine, but my clock keeps flashing and won't set even when I follow the procedure to set it.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but my SRS light that usually just flashes for about 5 sec when I start the car, now stays for about 20 sec longer than usual, then turns off.

I have a 2002 Civic. Any Honda techs on here that can help me? The clock thing is bugging me because I thought getting the CODE was the difficult part, and now this.

Much appreciated.
Old 03-19-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car Clock flashing, won't reset after battery change

hmm never heard of that. sounds like a problem with the radio tho. maybe it got damaged.
Old 06-13-2009
Registered!!

pinkers is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having the same problem! Please, doesn anyone have any idea how to reset the clock? It's driving me nuts!
Old 06-13-2009
Registered!!

wallydude03 will become famous soon enough

I would try disconnecting the radio for about an hour and see if that will reset the head unit. As for the airbag light, i the SRS computer maybe taking longer than usual to read its internal data. Was the car jump started?
Old 06-13-2009
Registered!!

silver25civic is an unknown quantity at this point

if you stayed close to me i have a stock 04 and 05 civic ex radios.i have my books when i bought my car but they are in it and while im off of work im trying to be lazy.ill go see about it later today it is like over 90 degrees today its hott. my airbag light stays on too but it could be caused by the truck that hit me from behind at a red light a couple of years ago. it did little damage mostly to the trunk. did you ever have a fender bender?
Old 07-02-2009
Registered!!

woody2shoes is an unknown quantity at this point

2002 Civic EX

Similar problem here! After changing battery, the "code" letters display when I turn the radio on. IF I push any of the buttons for selected stations, I get an error code 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and/or ERRE. Radio/CD does NOT work. I read in manual it takes a "few days" for things to reset after changing the batter, but it has now been about 4 weeks.

What gives? any help is appreciated.
Old 07-02-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

It is wanting the anti-theft code entry.

Look in your glove box for a white tag. Or with the owners manual and paperwork.
Old 07-05-2009
Registered!!

woody2shoes is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Car Clock flashing, won't reset after battery change

THANKS BUNCHES... WILL GIVE IT A TRY. But, IF I find white tag how do I enter the code? Guess I will find out!

NOPE, did NOT find the white tag mentioned or any indication of a sticker that might have been removed in the past. Manual has no info either.

SURELY there is a way to get the "code" to enter???

Originally Posted by CraigW
It is wanting the anti-theft code entry.

Look in your glove box for a white tag. Or with the owners manual and paperwork.

Last edited by woody2shoes; 07-05-2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: After checking for white tag presence.
Old 07-06-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

The dealer can get the code... You need the radio's serial #s. IIRC they can be displayed on the unit.