General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

AC Condensor fan not working.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
AC Condensor fan not working.

So I blew up my motor in my car. (Dont ask) So before I did the swap, I was having a problem with my A/C. Whenever I would turn it on, I would pop the fuse. Couldnt figure it out. So this weekend, I swapped out the motor, now she runs like a champ. However, I also installed a new compressor, and now when I kick it on, it doesnt pop the fuse, but the fan doesnt go on. Now, I evacuated the system myself and havent recharged it yet, doing that later today, but is there like a safety thing that honda has so it wont kick on when the system isnt charged, or is there something else I should be looking for? Im kinda stumped, and the service manual was pretty much useless for this. haha. Anyways, any help would be great.
Old 01-08-2007
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
The contacts of the fan relay may have been damaged by over current of defective motor. The relays could be swapped around as a quick and easy test. (swap horn relay with fan relay) Check the #s on the relays, I noticed on my 05 they are most the same part #s
Old 01-08-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
Sweet....ill give that a shot. Thanks for the info. If that doesnt work, Ill go from there, hopefully thats all it was.