General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

projector fog retro complete (night pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
projector fog retro complete (night pics inside)

okay well basically they are done, and they fit perfectly after I removed the horn from the driver side mount. So next project is diy horn relocation lol. I would say this was a fairly easy mod that can be done with basic tools like a drill and screwdriver by reusing old bolts.

Fogs are for a bmw m3/m5 bought from ebay. cutoff is good but no color, doesnt matter since i'm putting nokya yellow bulbs in when they get here. I didn't need new lenses or anything, just modded the stock pieces with two screws and some epoxy resin to hold the top and bottom. And yes they fit right in the bumper. Only thing i'm worried about is if they are evenly aimed, since I can't adjust them at all. Its stuck in one place. I can't wait to put these on! Here are some pics of what I did...

Last edited by gearbox; 04-07-2006 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-06-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
spiffy
Old 04-06-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
thanks i am watching for a window in the rain so i can run out and wire em lol

woot! they look really dim like parking lights from the front cause the cutoff is so good. i'm going driving now

Last edited by gearbox; 04-06-2006 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2006
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Nice looks real good
Old 04-06-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
you better wrap them in that clear 3m protective stuff quick!
Old 04-06-2006
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice! Good job! I really admire your work.
Nokya bulbs rock. I have the yellows for my highbeam/daytime running lights, and the Arctic White for my headlights.
Old 04-06-2006
Registered!!

Gammarus is an unknown quantity at this point
looking good if I sent you the parts you think you could make a pair for me? lol just thought I would ask. speaking of fog lights is it possible to use a different switch instead of the stock one? for example something like this: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

Last edited by Gammarus; 04-06-2006 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-06-2006
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ if you have and don't want the stock switch, i'll take it!
Old 04-06-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gammarus
looking good if I sent you the parts you think you could make a pair for me? lol just thought I would ask. speaking of fog lights is it possible to use a different switch instead of the stock one? for example something like this: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search
if you are not using OEM fogs with the OEM harness then yes. I am unsure of oem ones though. I think yes even for OEM but not 100% sure.
Old 04-06-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
looks nice and clean as usual, lol.
Old 04-06-2006
Premium Member

oh man these are so cool. i figured out they just turn to aim and very easy. they are terrible for light output tho lol cant even see em, but they look so good i dont care. i aimed em so they fill the area that the tyc projector misses on the ground. more pics! i am thinking of keeping it white instead of yellow? maybe. opinions?

and yes the cutoff is YELLOW in these pics lol.

oh yea and on my test drive i forgot to screw the housing on so one of em fell out and got all scratched up dragging on the ground

Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
you should consider trying to retrofit some fogs from the lexus IS300. they have yellow capsules in their fogs that look real nice. Impulse did them to his car, but he's a scum bag.

good job either way!!!
Old 04-07-2006
Premium Member

haha. yea i dont think i want yellow anymore. and is300 has reflector fogs i thought, or chrome. i want all black to match tyc. anyway you'll get to see em at the meet. you're coming right?
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ damn gearbox, i like those alot
Old 04-07-2006

jamesandrew58 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn u always get something for do... and always is clean!
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light
hey gearbox are you going to be offering these like you are the gauge cluster??? if so that would be sweet!!! i would buy em!! by the way how are you coming along with the 03 gauge cluster???
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

cleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trusted
sorry to be off topic but were is the meet going to be held
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
pretty cool!
Old 04-07-2006
Premium Member

meet is in chicago, april 22. check chicago regional forum for details. tons of people going, and there should be time for installs and stuff too.
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
^^^ yes, i'll be there!
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

so how would I go about testing a different switch? and yes they are oem foglights.
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

blackonblack has a spectacular aura aboutblackonblack has a spectacular aura about
those are tight
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
sweet
Old 04-07-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
looks good, i love it! i would like to get the fogs from a IS300, yellow would rock!
Old 04-07-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
they look really good, but the light output is so so.
Old 04-07-2006
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
dam thats sweet
Old 04-07-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by blouisgod
they look really good, but the light output is so so.
x2

Can you adjust them up a bit so they cover more of the road then the area right infront of your bumper?
Old 04-07-2006
Premium Member

well they were kinda maxing out. these were meant for bmw that has the fogs alot higher up. i adjusted them almost pointing up as far as possible without the lens touching the housing. And also wanted it to not overlap the tyc beam. its okay, i don't need them for light anyway. heck its illegal to have white fogs on at night anyway so i only use em during the day/dusk.
Old 04-17-2006
Registered!!

what the? illegal to have white fogs on at night? never heard of that. Would the law be different in CA I wonder?
Old 04-17-2006
Premium Member

its true. in the city, fogs cant be on unless they're yellow. and i know why cause most fogs i've seen are very distracting to me at night. these projector fogs i have are pretty much pointed to the ground and look about as dim or dimmer than parking lights. but theyre more just for show like just before it gets dark i use em.

Quick Reply: projector fog retro complete (night pics inside)