General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

can anyone make diy for this.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really nice
can anyone make diy for this.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=155298

^^its for the m/t. can anyone make one for the a/t?? i really want to get ride of the plastic cover. pleasee
Old 12-25-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
how to remove center console? pull off the plastic in the middle that goes around the ebrake. then remove screws underneath. remove screws on the sides of the console in front and rear. For the fronts poke the holder with a small pointy object to unclip. for the rear they are just screws. once it is loose, you have to slide the shifter back (using key release hole) and lift the ebrake to give enough clearance to lift off the console. then the trim around the shifter pries off there are tabs on each corner.
Old 12-25-2005
Registered!!

MBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really nice
Originally Posted by gearbox
how to remove center console? pull off the plastic in the middle that goes around the ebrake. then remove screws underneath. remove screws on the sides of the console in front and rear. For the fronts poke the holder with a small pointy object to unclip. for the rear they are just screws. once it is loose, you have to slide the shifter back (using key release hole) and lift the ebrake to give enough clearance to lift off the console. then the trim around the shifter pries off there are tabs on each corner.
i meant to install the boot on an a/t. thats what i was looking for.
Old 12-25-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i'm not sure. you gotta try and fit it over the shifter if it even works. the auto shifter is held by 2 screws then it lifts out. but you need a way to operate the button thing or you won't be able to shift with the new one.
Old 12-25-2005
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Get a shift **** that you like, take off the old one, put the boot on, then put the center console back on and just sandwich the boot inbetween the center console and the part that has PRND32, then put the **** on top of it all, check my pics I did it. Just push the whole shift **** down to get it into gear
Old 12-25-2005
Registered!!

WKHCivic will become famous soon enoughWKHCivic will become famous soon enough
read this forum (http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=210233)
Old 12-25-2005
i love my morreale

eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light
buy a razo shift **** & ziptie the bottom piece to the boot
thats how i did mine

Old 12-26-2005
This is not my batman glass!!

saugashan should not be trustedsaugashan should not be trustedsaugashan should not be trusted
^^ what boot is that??
Old 12-26-2005
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
just go on ebay and find a boot, thats where i found mine
Old 12-26-2005
i love my morreale

eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by saugashan
^^ what boot is that??
honda oem
Old 12-26-2005
Registered!!

WKHCivic will become famous soon enoughWKHCivic will become famous soon enough
What I would do is either go to your local dealer and tell them that you need to boot out of the m/t verison of you car, and they will pull up a diagram and you will need the part labeled #2. Or you can go here, (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...tcgry5=CONSOLE) and this is what the diagram that the dealership pulls up looks like and you can see where it is labeled #2, thats the part you need along with an aftermarket a/t shift ****.

Last edited by WKHCivic; 12-26-2005 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-26-2005
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
It's really not that hard to do. You will of course need an aftermarket shiftknob that has a button release as well as the shift boot of your choice. You can go to any auto supply store to find both, or you can go on ebay for a wider array of choices.

Follow the diy on removing your center consol. It is the same for both m/t and a/t. You will need to do this to prevent the boot from sliding around. To the best of my knowledge, you cannot remove the plastic gear marker(I may be wrong) but you really wouldn't want to so that your boot keeps it's shape.

Remember to remove the original shifter before trying to slide the boot in place. In case you haven't done this yet, if I remember correctly, there are two screws located on the side holding it in place. Just take off these two screws and your shifter will slide right off. Now you can place your boot. You can go out and buy part number two as advised above, but to be quite honest, you really don't need it. Once you have your shift boot on, I suggest putting your new aftermarket shift **** on before putting the center consol on so that it doesn't slide around and lose it's place. Once you have all of this done, remount your center consol with the 4 screws holding it in place.

Now stand back and admire your work. Total time=max about half an hour.
Old 12-26-2005
Registered!!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by eddieisaricer
buy a razo shift **** & ziptie the bottom piece to the boot
thats how i did mine

cool. thats what i was talking about. I already have RAZO RA65 shift **** and loving it. This seems like a nice project for me in the near future. Thanks.

btw: so oem boot fits the razo shift ****? i want to buy the right one.
Old 12-26-2005
Registered!!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jeffsta17
Get a shift **** that you like, take off the old one, put the boot on, then put the center console back on and just sandwich the boot inbetween the center console and the part that has PRND32, then put the **** on top of it all, check my pics I did it. Just push the whole shift **** down to get it into gear
right on. thats what imma do. just gotta finds the right boot.
Old 12-27-2005
i love my morreale

Originally Posted by MBison
cool. thats what i was talking about. I already have RAZO RA65 shift **** and loving it. This seems like a nice project for me in the near future. Thanks.

btw: so oem boot fits the razo shift ****? i want to buy the right one.
yes, it fits it.
Old 12-27-2005
Registered!!

how much did it cost u? and i guess u got it from a dealership, right?