General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

SRS Light - Didn't Unplug Anything To Set It Off

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ackos is an unknown quantity at this point
SRS Light - Didn't Unplug Anything To Set It Off

Hello,

My SRS light is currently on. After doing some research online (forums), I found the instructions on how to reset the light. The problem I have is that everytime I reset it, it does go off, but comes back on within a few minutes. I've checked both seats and the harness is secure. Does anyone know all of the areas that would trip the SRS light and cause it to come on? Also, my horn will sometimes work and sometimes not (I bet that's it huh?).

If there is a list of areas in the Civic that I could check to make sure. There may be something unplugged that I dont know about.

ackos

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
fuse maybe??? I dunno if its that intermitent might be a more serious problem. Take it to Honda and let them look at it.
Old 04-06-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ackos
Hello,

My SRS light is currently on. After doing some research online (forums), I found the instructions on how to reset the light. The problem I have is that everytime I reset it, it does go off, but comes back on within a few minutes. I've checked both seats and the harness is secure. Does anyone know all of the areas that would trip the SRS light and cause it to come on? Also, my horn will sometimes work and sometimes not (I bet that's it huh?).

If there is a list of areas in the Civic that I could check to make sure. There may be something unplugged that I dont know about.

ackos

Thanks in advance.
It is just like having a check engine light, you have a problem in the SRS system. Either buy a scanner designed to check SRS codes, or take it to the dealer.
Old 04-06-2005
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
yeh, i was gonna say the same thing. my uncles isuzu something a while back had that happening and he took it in. it wasn't anything big just some sensors or something.
Old 04-06-2005
P64
Registered!!

P64 is an unknown quantity at this point
If it comes on, then it is suppose to come on. Don't play with your life. Take it to your dealer.
It seems to me, that the problem is with the steering wheel, since you have problems with your horn. There are some connections that allow you to operate your horn and the airbag independent of your steering wheel position.
A
Old 04-08-2005
Registered!!

2k2civic should not be trusted2k2civic should not be trusted
How many miles on the car? Some cars will throw a light after a set number of miles because they need to be taken in for maintenance.