General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

some ECU wiring quetsions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skarteez is an unknown quantity at this point
some ECU wiring quetsions...

ok reading the post "2001-2003 civic ecu diagram" (http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ressure+switch), i found a few things that seemed interesting ( )but have no idea what it means. i was wondering if you guys could clear it up for me.

heres the stuff i DONT understand/know:

Connector B (24 Pins)
7-red/blk-A/T Pressure control solenoid valve A
9-blu/blk-VTEC Oil pressure switch VTEC ONLY
16-blk/red-A/T Pressure control solenoid valve B
21-yel/blu-EVAP Canistor purge valve

Connector C (22 Pins)– AUTO TRANSMISSION ONLY
4-grn/wht-Shift solenoid B
6-blu/blk-Shift Solenoid A

Connector E (31 pins)
20-blu/red-EVAP bypass solenoid valve
21-lt grn/red-EVAP Canister shut valve

anyone got any ideas on what these things mean? thanks!
Old 08-02-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
The VTEC switch is what engages VTEC.... its the signal to open the oil line to engage the secondary lifters... its looking for a PSI value that the computer puts with the other necessary parameters then triggers it.
The 2 on C are the solenoids that trigger gear changes... basically those are how the computer controls the AT.
The EVAP ones are for the charcoal canister. Its part of the emissions system, but I don't know really what it does.
Old 08-02-2004
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
What about Connector A: 6-wht-Primary O2 sensor

I can't find it! wht does mean white, correct? If so, I don't have a white wire coming into my connector A.
Old 08-02-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Well it depends which you think is connector A. I found out the hard way that E is on top and A is the bottom one.
Old 08-02-2004
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
ah crap. I took all the connectors out and I was examining them all. I couldn't find a white wire. lol, maybe I'm just not look hard enough.

Thanks for the tip, though, Boilermaker1. I'll go try and finish what I started.
Old 08-02-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
The VTEC switch is what engages VTEC.... its the signal to open the oil line to engage the secondary lifters... its looking for a PSI value that the computer puts with the other necessary parameters then triggers it.
The 2 on C are the solenoids that trigger gear changes... basically those are how the computer controls the AT.
The EVAP ones are for the charcoal canister. Its part of the emissions system, but I don't know really what it does.

would tapping this line similar to how you tapped the VTEC solenoid be somewhat "good" to determine the VTEC activiation point?
Old 08-03-2004
Registered!!

*bump