General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

HELP!! my fuse keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silvercivic03 is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP!! my fuse keeps blowing

ok ....the small light fuse keeps blowing and i dont know why, none of my console lights come on but my gages light up and also i have no running tail lights but when i push the brake they come on and the the only fuse i found that was blown was the small light and i was just wondering if any of you guys had this problem or know what to do, i just got a ticket for my tail lights not being on at night
Old 07-29-2004
Registered!!

pogi2k1ex is an unknown quantity at this point
check all your wiring harnesses for your bulbs the front and the rear....sounds like maybe one of those wires are loose and shorting out the fuse

Last edited by pogi2k1ex; 07-29-2004 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-29-2004
Registered!!

pmau is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm having the same problem. I installed a remote start 3 months ago and it worked well but 3 weeks ago it didn't work and my small light fuse keeps blowing, the parking lights don't go on and my guage doesn't light up. I might just try removing the remote start. What electrical mods did you do to your car?
Old 07-30-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tacheon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by silvercivic03
ok ....the small light fuse keeps blowing and i dont know why, none of my console lights come on but my gages light up and also i have no running tail lights but when i push the brake they come on and the the only fuse i found that was blown was the small light and i was just wondering if any of you guys had this problem or know what to do, i just got a ticket for my tail lights not being on at night
Your text would be much more intelligible if you used punctuation properly. From what I can make out of your run-on sentence, your rear running lights aren't working because the fuse is blown? Pull your running bulbs out and check to see that they look normal. If a filament tower in the bulb melts and touches the other tower, that would make a short and burn out your fuse. You'd just need to replace the bulb in question and replace the fuse.