General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

service maintenance and after market suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
service maintenance and after market suspension

when it says on the list that they have to check your suspension components, will it matter if i have TEINs on? will they still check it anyway?

one more thing, how does honda adjust the parking brake? do they do it from the cable under the center console or through the drums?
Old 02-29-2004
Bushido

MrWong is an unknown quantity at this point
I doubt they will check your tiens, since it is a aftermarket unit.

Not sure about the adjustment of the parking brake, you can ask them if you want.
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by MrWong
I doubt they will check your tiens, since it is a aftermarket unit.

Not sure about the adjustment of the parking brake, you can ask them if you want.
i dont mean just the TEINs, i mean every other suspension component like driveshaft boots and all that other crap? (read man!)

how u gonna tell me to ask them when i posted it up here asking already. sounds kinds stupid doesnt it? im sure someone here knows how honda adjusts the parking brake...
Old 02-29-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
They adjust the cable from the e-brake. Someone on this site wrote up a DIY for it, but seemed way too difficult for me.

As far as checks, they only look at stock parts and components. Most dealers will, however, make a note of aftermarket parts on your car. That way they can try and blame a warranty problem on these parts. Most of the service mainterance checks are not worth it. The only thing I get done at the dealer is oil change. I even did my own tranny fluid. Whenever it says they will check something, it usually means they'll glance at it and make sure there's no leak. It's very basic stuff.
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

orso is an unknown quantity at this point
ok adjusting the ebrake is simple. pull your center console out and you will see where the cables attach to the handle. from the handle it has one cable. then that cable attaches to a bar which has the adjustment screw. then the bar has two cables attached to it, one to each side. anyway the adjustment screw has a spring around the threaded part of the screw for resistance. all you do is tighten the screw to take the slack out of the line and check the ebrake after every adjustment to make sure the brake is not engaged. there should be a little slack but not much. it is EASY really.
Old 03-01-2004
Registered!!

^^^ i know the ebrake adjustment is easy and i know how to do it. but is that how honda adjusts it? or do they adjust it through the rear brake drums?
Old 03-01-2004
Registered!!

ac2882 is an unknown quantity at this point
you're right gearbox....they only check for little things and on top of that they charge you so much just to for them to look at it.....i remember when i brought my car back to the dealer they charged me around $150....i was so pissed off cuz they really didn't do anything
Old 03-01-2004
Registered!!

^ trying to accumulate posts and points huh lol?