Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

understanding compression ratio

Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brandonparsons is an unknown quantity at this point
understanding compression ratio

When talking about compression ratio, For example 11:1. 11 means total volume at TDC, and 1 means total volume a BDC right?
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
Re: understanding compression ratio

Well yes, but that is multiplied by atmospheric pressure. Which I believe is somewhere around 14lbs at sea level if I remember correctly. And that is TDC on the compression stroke. I am not sure if that is what you are asking, but I hope that helps. What are you trying to figure out?
Old 10-01-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

wait.. I think you have it backwards. Unless I'm mistaken.

1 unit at TDC, 11 at BDC. At BDC, maximum air in the cylinder, and in the case of 11.0:1, 11 times the volume of air in the cylinder than at TDC.

and for semantics, 14.7psi atmospheric at sea level..

edit: re-worded for more "correctness" (volume vs amount)
Old 10-02-2010
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

^ You are right. I misunderstood the question at first glance.
Old 10-02-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I did, too, until I started to type in my concurrence with you. That's when it just didn't sit right with me.
Old 10-02-2010
Registered!!

Lol...I hate word problems
Old 10-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
Lol...I hate word problems
haha. me, too. Like I said, I only caught it when I started typing to concur with you