Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

How can I remove a car magnet from my car?

Old 06-26-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White02CivicSi has a spectacular aura aboutWhite02CivicSi has a spectacular aura about
Question How can I remove a car magnet from my car?

My wife bought 3 magnets and stuck it on her car. It has been on the car for the past couple of years. I just tried to remove it and it is stuck. I was told to use a blow dryer or heat gun or even kerosene. Has anyone actually removed one before and can some tell me how I can remove it. Thanks in advance for your help.

These are the 3 magnets on the car:

Old 06-26-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How can I remove a car magnet from my car?

well it should be magnetic, so you need to pull it off. some of the edges could be stuck from dirt and washing. but try this, get some hi strength epoxy and glue on some object to the front of the magnet (like a pencil or something). then when it dries, pull the magnet off.
Old 06-26-2010
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light

thats funny.
Old 06-27-2010
Registered!!

White02CivicSi has a spectacular aura aboutWhite02CivicSi has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by gearbox
well it should be magnetic, so you need to pull it off. some of the edges could be stuck from dirt and washing. but try this, get some hi strength epoxy and glue on some object to the front of the magnet (like a pencil or something). then when it dries, pull the magnet off.
LOL...Sounds like a good and bad idea in 1. I tried peeling all around it and I got bits and pieces off. I think the remaining piece/part of the magnet is possibly adhered to the paint from the hot sun shining on it almost everyday for 2 years. 1 good thing about this is that it is on her crv and not my civic si LOL.
Old 06-27-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

From the sounds of it, you might as well assume it's gonna take some paint off.. haha...

I must admit, I laughed pretty good when I read this thread first.
Old 06-27-2010
Registered!!

grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about

I'd try the flattest plastic trim removal tool I could get my hands on... get an edge, then wrap the tool end in an appropriate cloth and try to pry it up.

Maybe?
Old 06-27-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

bits and pieces? wow sounds like its not coming off easy then.