Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Belt squeaks

Old 10-15-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 civic eg is an unknown quantity at this point
Belt squeaks

Ok heres the deal I have a 93 civic and my belts squeaked every once in a while and it squeaks when its wet. But I went to walmart and bought that prestone belt squeak spray. It stopped squeakin but now it makes a sound like water spraying. But theres no water sprayin. It just sounds like it. Could it just be that the spray needs to wear off or somin.

And another thing is that I just recently replaced my top radiator hose cuz it had a hole in it. And since I replaced it coolant dissappears fast. I cannot find a leak anywhere. I put some prestone radiator leak thing in my radiator to. I also air the **** out to when i changed the hose. But everyday i look at it my reserve tank is empty and when i pour coolant in it its like half of the contaner in it.

If someone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 10-15-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Belt squeaks

its just the spray. but you really need to adjust the belt tension. i think they are too loose. did you bleed the coolant system after changing the hose? alot of air may still be in there. with the engine cold, take the radiator cap off, start car, and warm up to normal temp by revving to 3k rpms. turn the heater on full blast and watch what happens to coolant in the radiator. keep filling it to the top if it goes down. and watch for air bubbles coming out. once they stop, put the cap back on. you prolly just need to bleed the air and allow coolant to the heater core.
Old 10-16-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 civic eg is an unknown quantity at this point

Ill go adjust the belt tension. But as for the radiator the screw that is on the engine witht he top hose connected to it i let all the air out of that and the same with the radiator and filled it to the top. Now since i put the preston leak thing in i havent check it yet but hopefully that works
Old 10-16-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

That Prestone leak stop stuff is awful for your engine. It really does more harm than good! Just don't put any more in now that you gave the system a good flush. If you have a leak your better off to fix it than put the prestone stuff in IMO.