Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

How much to fix front bumper?

Old 03-01-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CCallisto1 is an unknown quantity at this point
How much to fix front bumper?

Hello! I am new here and I was looking for some auto advice and stumbled upon this site. I have a 2000 Civic EX Coupe,white. Today, while at the mall, I was backing out of a spot a little to fast and I turned the wheel to hard and I hit a white concrete beam. I hit on the driver's side light, but it didn't crack, but what I suppose is the refector inside the light broke a little. The main thing is the dent now on the bumper. It's in the same area of the light but it is a dent. There is no crack. The paint is scratched a little. The dent is not very noticable unless you are looking for it. I was told that the bumper on the car is fiberglass and that is supposedly expensive and for the little dent the whole bumper will need to be replaced. I find this absurd since the dent is no bigger than my fist, and I am a small girl. Can anyone give me advice as to what the price range should be to fix this? Thank you!
Old 03-01-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
your bumper is plastic, not fiberglass, if its only a dent it can be knocked out with a mallet and a little bit of heat. A primed bumper goes for about $200 on ebay. The pain is going to be getting it repainted cause they are going to have to blend in the hood, and fenders which is expensive
Old 03-01-2007
Registered!!

LilWannabeJdm can only hope to improve
is it like this?if it look like it then you looking close to 120 nomore then that..and no you dont have to replace your bumper...they will bondo it up if u want to save money..that is my accord pic of what happen long ago before i traded it in for a TL.i also got a fender bender repair once on my other car..cost 300 with it being repainted to match...sooo it shouldnt be more then what i have to pay..

Last edited by LilWannabeJdm; 03-01-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2007
Registered!!

CCallisto1 is an unknown quantity at this point
It does have about 3 scratches like that on the bumper but on the fender it is very slightly dented inward. I thought it was the bumper but after I looked closer I realized it was the fender. That explained how the there are small pieces of what looks like silver reflector inside the light. I'm sorry I don't have a camera to post pictures, and I appreciate the help.
Old 03-01-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
If you got some friends that know body work, let them do it- buy i'll asume you dont. If you think taking your fender off, and hammering the dent out with a rubber hammer is crazy, take it to a shop and get an estimate. A light should be cheap. This happened to my sisters car... crazy... I had to take the fender off, hammer it out, bondo, sand, prime, and paint it, along with the pain in the *** of blending the colors and clearing it. Light is still messed up... I dont have the capabilities to repair cracked headlights (in her case it was a seprate part of the light that was seprate from the headlight). Anyways, its time consuming, and if you dont know what your doing, and your scared about fvcking everything up even more- take it to a shop and have them take care of it.

If by chance the dent is in your bumper (and you have the orig bumper that came from the factory with your car-- it's plastic, if you have aftermarket bumper, it COULD be fiberglas, cant tell without looking at it), you can take your bumper off and push the dent out with your hands, or maybe a rubber mallet from the back.