Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Windshield washer tank replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vlad7095 is an unknown quantity at this point
Windshield washer tank replacement

Just got 2001 Civic dx coupe and discovered that washer tank is broken.
Tried to search here and on the Web but found very little and nothing about my model. I also couldn't find service manual...
Could somebody guide me where the tank is located and how to replace the broken tank?
Thanks!
Old 12-18-2014
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Windshield washer tank replacement

...it is in clear sight within the engine bay. lol.

-while looking into the engine bay it will be on your right (the left side of the vehicle).
-The "tank" or reservoir, is the one labeled with the windshield washer fluid mark.

Replacement:

You will have to pull the front bumper, don't worry it is easy.

-there are two or three push clips holding the bumper along the top of the engine bay, right above the radiator. remove them.

they look like this

-there are two screws in each wheel well, remove these as well.

-There are a few more push clips under bumper if you are on the ground looking up at the bumper, remove these.

Double check to see if anything else is holding the front bumper on, It's been a long time since I've had a stock front end and can't remember every clip. If you find any remove them.

The bumper will still be secured with pressure fit clips located under the headlights. grab the bumper from the wheel well and slowly wiggle the bumper until the clips pop loose from the headlight mount. Do this on both sides and the bumper should come right off. =D.

-Now disconnect the wiper electronic fluid pump by unclipping the wires leading to the reservoir.

-unbolt the reservoir, and replace it.
Old 12-18-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vlad7095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much! After knowing it's behind the bumper I could find a video on youtube "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WmwsNxAtV8"
that together with your explanation makes it clear what to do.
Many thanks again!
Old 12-18-2014
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Happy Yule =D.