Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rileyb22 can only hope to improve
Please Help!!

Im having some problems with my 2000 Si bogging at high rpms, but ONLY in the rain. Ive been told that its moisture getting into the distributor, and i plan on replacing the cap and gasket very soon, but the cap thats on there now seems pretty snug and i dont see how itd be getting wet inside. What else could be getting wet and causing this to happen!?

Answers are appreciated!!
Old 12-19-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all
Re: Please Help!!

What kind of Intake do you have..you could be sucking air in through that(not likely but possible) even if the line has a hole in it this could happen(happened to me on my jeep but i was going through puddles)

It could be condensation in the distributer..take it off and dry it out..spray some WD40 in and some on the leads.. If your seal is going bad or letting water buy this will happen..
Old 12-19-2011
Registered!!

Im not exactly sure what kind of intake is on it, Im pretty sure its stock though.

Since it is supposed to rain today and id have to wait for my dizzy cap and gasket to come through the mail (which i havent ordered), would you recommend one from pep boys or auto zone?

I really dont like the sound of that bog.....but obviously its something getting wet, because when its dry it pulls 100% fine.
Old 12-19-2011

Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Oem is best but you can get ones that are good from an auto parts store..but sometimes new ones dont always work..no way to avoid it tho.. I would drive it and when it bogs pull over and take the cap off and see if it is wet inside..if not then there is a different issue..
Old 12-19-2011
Registered!!

Ok ill do that. Thanks
Old 12-20-2011
Registered!!

nstreet40 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 2000 honda civic ex.. what are the torqre specs for the oil pan....i miss placed my manual??? plz help
Old 12-21-2011

Originally Posted by nstreet40
i have a 2000 honda civic ex.. what are the torqre specs for the oil pan....i miss placed my manual??? plz help
30 ft lb is the spec i beleive..if its not that number its in that area..however if you dont have a tourque wrench just tighten it until the crush washer crushes..I always just do mine by hand..make sure it is snug..