Originally Posted by MoreRicePlease
How does one go about flushing power steering fluid?
1. Raise the reservoir, disconnect the return line to drain the reservoir, then run that line into a suitable container.
2. Start the car and let it idle. Turn the wheel lock to lock until the system is empty.
3. Reinstall the hose and fill the reservoir to the upper level line.
4. Start the car and run it at fast idle, then turn the wheel lock to lock several times to bleed air from the system.
5.Recheck fluid level and add more if necessary, Do not fill above upper level line.
6. Repeat until fluid isn't contaminated, dark, or discolored.
*NOTE: Clean any spilled fluid immediately.
*System capacity: 1.06 qts Reservoir capacity:0.42 qts