Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

No oil in oil filter at change

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura aboutMoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura aboutMoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura about
Re: No oil in oil filter at change

Ya, I found a five quart jug of 5w30 castrol gtx laying around in my garage, so i threw that in my civic last week. I don't know about anyone else, but any time i change my oil, i can always feel how the engine runs much smoother and better. I love that feeling. So far the 5w30 is doing its job. I suppose i don't notice much of a difference because its not summer, and i haven't been running her too hard, but what the hell. And, about the ATF, i took care of that this last summer. I may be doing another ATF change before winter strikes since last time i changed it, the second half of the fluid that drained out was gray...
Old 10-05-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05civicandy is an unknown quantity at this point
my tank was on empty so I put about a half a gallon of 2- cylegasoline. What do I do?

I ran out of gas and had a can't half a gallon can of 2-cycle gasoline in my trunk. So I put it in to try to make it back to the house if I have left my wallet and it eventually just cut off I had to call a tow truck to take me back it was running it was running real crappy bogging down and the motor was really hot. and the electrical in the dashboard was geeking out switching on and off the battery light was flickering on my dash lights ABS light comma airbag all my interior lights were on and then it acted like the battery died and it didn't have no power.
Old 10-14-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about
Re: my tank was on empty so I put about a half a gallon of 2- cylegasoline. What do I

05civiccandy: The oil in the 2 cycle gas may have fouled your plugs and maybe a sensor. Have you tried filling the tank with good gas and a name brand gas cleaning additive?