Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Transmission maintenance need help for my son

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
webwide is an unknown quantity at this point
Transmission maintenance need help for my son

Hi can anyone tell us exactly what we should do to do maintenance on my sons hondo ex 2002 transmission. Are there filters, is there a magnet, do you need to flush the system if so how and with what.

He is telling me that he has heard so many different opinions about what to do he is very confused. Please help, this is his first car and he just did the oil change and rotated his tires, i must say i am very proud of him for taking this on i never showed him how to do it and he did a great job.

Please if anyone can give us some good detail we would both appreciate it.
Old 03-30-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Transmission maintenance need help for my son

No filter, Magnet on the drain plug. Only use Honda ATFZ1 fluid, drain and refill is 2.9 Qts required. No flush. Get a new style ATF dipstick they fit much tighter than the old ones.
Old 03-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Transmission maintenance need help for my son

^do that if auto

if manual just drain and fill 1.6 quarts of honda MTF get a small funnel and fill through the reverse light switch on top of the trans it is a lot easier than trying to use the fill plug on the side just make sure to measure out how much your putting in if you go in through the top