Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

guide to refill windshield wiper fluid

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vichet is an unknown quantity at this point
Question guide to refill windshield wiper fluid

Sorry if this kind of post has already been answered but just I am a very new driver and I would like some advices about how to refill the windshield wiper fluid. Can I just use normal water or do I need to buy some kind of soap water? if so please recommend which brand I should use.

Thanks
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

210italian is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: guide to refill windshield wiper fluid

you can go to any auto store or even walmart and buy fluid, pretty cheap and I myself use rain-x bug remover bc I live in texas....any rain-x fluid is good but really it just depends on preference.
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

your joking rite ???
Old 02-27-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

stick with the stuff that is good below freezing unless you live in a warm climate year around. usually the blue is okay down to -30 or something. www.handaaccessories.com has the honda brand concentrate that you can dilute yourself. check the maintenance section.
Old 02-27-2010
^Warranty voider

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light

muriatic acid works extremely well for removing bugs and road grime.
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

Keepitmovin is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont believe this is a real question
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

eLChiCho25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rain ex has a concentrated additive u add to your blue fluid.. I use the ORange colored Rain X washer fluid..
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

eLChiCho25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wish INVISIBLE GLASS came out with one...
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally use oven cleaner.
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

do they make clear fluid i stopped using mine because it spits blue fluid on my white hood.
Old 02-27-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen clear fluid... good idea though.
Old 02-27-2010
^Warranty voider

Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light

muriatic acid is clear....
Old 02-27-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

alot of people make their own and it will be clear. better cause it wont stain the paint blue or other colors.
Old 02-28-2010
Registered!!

muratic acid is corrosive why would you put that in your tank ???
Old 02-28-2010
Registered!!

i should have been more specific i need a clear fluid that won't freeze in the winter.
Old 02-28-2010
Registered!!

Silver02EX is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to Wal-Mart and pick up the blue Peak washer fluid. It's less than $2. Depending on time of year you buy it. Some will be good for -20 degrees or some will be to 32 degrees. I just stock up on the -20 in the winter.
Old 03-01-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silver02EX
Go to Wal-Mart and pick up the blue Peak washer fluid. It's less than $2. Depending on time of year you buy it. Some will be good for -20 degrees or some will be to 32 degrees. I just stock up on the -20 in the winter.
You should read the rest of his posts. He wants a clear fluid that is also good in the winter...
Old 03-01-2010
Premium Member

you can make it yourself using the solvents listed on the blue stuff. its mostly alcohols and methanol which are clear, but be careful to not use too much or it will ruin the paint. check online for recipes.
Old 03-01-2010
Registered!!

i dont know i cant even get the spices rite in my dinner i dont want to chance mixing my own . there has to be a manufacturer that make clear fluid i mean why do they ad colorin the first place so its easierto tell how much is in the tank kinf of pointless if you ask me.
Old 03-01-2010
Premium Member

i dont know for sure, but the honda fluid might be clear.
Old 03-16-2010
^Warranty voider

so did the muriatic acid work for you? melts the ice and snow pretty good
Old 09-10-2011
Registered!!

lowerstreet is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know the capacity of the windshield wiper fluid container in a 2010 Honda Civic? I poured about half the 3.78 L bottle of windshield wiper fluid into it, but two weeks later, the "low fluid level" light is on again. Is that normal, or is it leaking? Thanks if you can offer any help or suggestion.
Old 09-10-2011
Premium Member

its a very small tank (2.5L total capacity). and the light comes on when there is still maybe 1/4 of the tank full. do you see anything dripping? while rare, sometimes the sensor or pump can leak fluid if the seal is messed.