Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Honda 07 civic ex Oil light hits 0% then goes negative? how many miles i have left?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kor3anmix1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Honda 07 civic ex Oil light hits 0% then goes negative? how many miles i have left?

hey guys i kno this is prob silly but i really need some help on this

if i have a 2007 honda civic ex, and my oil service light flashes 0 percent, how much longer or miles i have left until my engine shuts down? and if it hits zero , it goes negative, what does that mean and how much do i have? thanks alot
Old 12-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Honda 07 civic ex Oil light hits 0% then goes negative? how many miles i have lef

not sure but i definitely wouldn't be driving it around maybe have it towed to a dealer or garage to see what the problem is. im not sure about 07 models the 04s have a oil light for oil pressure.

Last edited by lowlife9; 12-25-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 12-25-2009
Registered!!

plastics is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Honda 07 civic ex Oil light hits 0% then goes negative? how many miles i have lef

if it is the low oil warning light, shut it down and check it out..add oil ..it is not worth damaging the engine.

if it is the maintenace minder, it actually starts to tell you at 15%...and it is very annoying..every time you start the car, it, the reminder comes up...you can fool the minder by resetting it back to 100% and do the oil change after you drove it around a few more miles after it shows 90%....to get the full value of the oil
Old 12-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

I am pretty sure hes talking about the % of oil life left. Just means you need to change your oil, or in your case your past due.
Old 12-26-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I would just set your own schedule for servicing, not sure how accurate the maintenance minder system is (for sure the dealer likes it though) For me oil changes and tire rotations each 5k miles, auto tranny service, air and cabin filters each 25k.
Old 07-02-2010
Registered!!

eneetr is an unknown quantity at this point

I also have a 07 civic...if the Oil light hits 0%, you can keep driving for as long as you want. The % is just a reminder for the driver that services need to be done. In any car, if the owner doesn't do the servicing on time, it will affect the performance of car so it is recommended that you get the service done. Also if it says the number "1" that means its just a simple oil change, if "2" then a 15,000 mile service...etc...the meaning of corresponding numbers can be found in manual. Also along with the number should be a single alphabet; A means oil change w/ tire rotation, B oil change w/ tire rotation and filter change etc...