Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

What are the best spark plugs for civics?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
richs1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any thoughts on Bosch plugs?
Old 09-30-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are the best spark plugs for civics?

bosch is garbage. stick with ngk or denso. the regular copper plugs work best, and are cheap, but you need to change em every couple years. $2 a piece ngk v-powers are great. but if you have the money, spend some more on denso iridium plugs they will last several years and use less electrical energy to make the same spark. those are $10 each.
Old 09-30-2009
Registered!!

things youve been a big help
Old 09-30-2009
Registered!!

heavycar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I alwayz go fo Denso and OEM,they may be expensive but r easily available at www.autopartsway.ca .I beleive they r durable.
Old 09-30-2009
Registered!!

i just bought some ngk groove plugs. I have these in my subaru svx. there good.
Old 10-01-2009
Registered!!

JagerVR4 is an unknown quantity at this point

What kind of Plugs should a boosted civic be using? cause i need to change mine out...

and how about wires? there are some shitty 10.5mm wires on my car now
Old 10-01-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

^ NGK BKR7E-11 good to 500hp
also really cheap and really amazing plugs
Old 10-01-2009
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

^ NGK BKR7E-11 good to 500hp
also really cheap and really amazing plugs
Old 10-01-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i would only use copper plugs for turbo car and change them every 2-3k miles when you do the oil. and stick with oem or NGK (blue) plug wires. figuring out the heat range of the plug is up to your setup. you might need a step colder than stock.
Old 10-01-2009
Registered!!

http://www.evans-tuning.com/pre_tuning_checklist.html

about 2/3 to 3/4 the way down the page talks about spark plugs and wich ones to use

the is from jeff evans website who is one of the best honda tuners in the country I would definitely say one of the top 3 the other 2 being ben from hondata, and there is a guy from colorado that dreated the t1 or k1 cam trigger fro the b and d series
Old 02-25-2015
Registered!!

Dan Kap is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have an opinion of this particular plug. I have an '06 Civic EX. O'Reilly Auto Parts had a rebate sale on Autolite double platinum plugs for $2 each, after rebate. So I bought four. Originals are iridium, but they're $7 each at O'Reilly, better than 3X the cost of the rebate plugs.

Any opinions of this plug, and replacing iridium with double platinum? I have about 100K on the car (and its original plugs) currently. Thanks for the suggestions!

P.S. Because of the rebate, I've mutilated the boxes to get the UPCs off them, so I'm sure I can't return them.
Old 02-26-2015
got rice?

MrOldskool is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dan Kap
Does anyone have an opinion of this particular plug. I have an '06 Civic EX. O'Reilly Auto Parts had a rebate sale on Autolite double platinum plugs for $2 each, after rebate. So I bought four. Originals are iridium, but they're $7 each at O'Reilly, better than 3X the cost of the rebate plugs.

Any opinions of this plug, and replacing iridium with double platinum? I have about 100K on the car (and its original plugs) currently. Thanks for the suggestions!

P.S. Because of the rebate, I've mutilated the boxes to get the UPCs off them, so I'm sure I can't return them.
Don, Since you already bought them, stick em in and give them a try. We know that OEM brand plugs usually cost more but they have proved them to perform in their engine. If the Autolite's don't perform or last, It's time to bite the bullet and purchase the plug type that your car calls for. My 2 pennies worth
Old 02-27-2015
Registered!!

Thanks for your reply, MrOldskool. Believe me, your 2¢ worth is always welcomed!

I'm sure I'll take your advice. Might as well use 'em and see how well they perform and how long they'll last. As you said, if they don't do either, I'll bite the bullet and get the iridiums as specfied, next time. Again, thanks.

Dan
Old 02-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

only use DENSO or NGK on honda vehicle motors its simple as that.
Old 03-01-2015
Registered!!

KillaKane2429 is an unknown quantity at this point

In my best option from experience and from listening to others. The average Honda/acura suped up or not seems to love the NGK V Power plugs. Last forever and have a great ignition spark. So my answer= NGK V Power plugs
Old 03-01-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
only use DENSO or NGK on honda vehicle motors its simple as that.
I noticed when I first looked in the Honda Owner's Manual for spark plugs that it had the same two manuacturerers listed, with their respective part numbers. Thanks.
Old 03-01-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by KillaKane2429
In my best option from experience and from listening to others. The average Honda/acura suped up or not seems to love the NGK V Power plugs. Last forever and have a great ignition spark. So my answer= NGK V Power plugs
Thanks for the recommendation. My current NGK iridium plugs have been going strong for 72,000 miles...excellent gas mileage which I track accurately, and plenty of power considering my little 4-banger engine. I plan to install new plugs at 100K, which is Honda's recommedation.

Last edited by Dan Kap; 03-01-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Added additional information.
Old 03-06-2015
Registered!!

burke is an unknown quantity at this point

I just bought ngk groove plug.I think that can be helpful for you as well.There are so many website selling this product.I got from http://www.autopartsway.ca/ with free shipping.
Old 03-06-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

there is no better plug then the stock plug, and that goes for any vehicle,

nothing will work any better, you are not smarter then the engineers,

the only reason to use a different plug would be if you had a highly modified setup/engine, and when i say highly modified im not talking about a header, or muffler, or cold air intake,

im talking about serious crap like boring, head work, porting, polishing, turbo, supercharger etc etc
Old 03-06-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

^^, Yes

Live and learn, OEM Denso soon at 95k in my 2010.

Well worth their price.