Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Scheduled Maintenance and Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nitrusoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Scheduled Maintenance and Tires

I have an '07 Civic LX Coupe with about 42K miles on it. I got it at the end of Dec '06. Besides for oil changes and tire rotations, I haven't gotten anything done to the car yet. I'm getting a little worried because I figure I should have to get something done by now, but I've just been pushing it off. What sort of maintenance should I be looking to have done?

Also, my car sucks in the snow, but I'm not sure if it is the tires or just Civics in general. How often do you need to replace your tires, and should I invest in snow or all-weather tires?
Old 01-21-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Scheduled Maintenance and Tires

Originally Posted by nitrusoxide

Also, my car sucks in the snow, but I'm not sure if it is the tires or just Civics in general. How often do you need to replace your tires, and should I invest in snow or all-weather tires?
the answer is sinmple. replace ur tires when the threads become too thin. its called the penny tire test. measure this by putting a penny in the thread.

look here: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=51

as for snow tires, if u get a good amount of snow, then YES! it is a very very very good idea (and smart) to invest in snowtires, they make a dirastic difference because their rubber compound is made completely different (much softer) and their threading structure is made to fit the condition of snow.