Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Gates Racing Timing Belt

Old 03-10-2008
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Post Gates Racing Timing Belt

What do you all think of Gates? Any chance their belts are better than OEM? I tried to search on here, but didn't find anything.

http://www.gates.com

Old 03-10-2008
Since 2002 Baby!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Gates Racing Timing Belt

never heard of them.
Old 03-10-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

autozone timing belt works just fine for me. lol
Old 03-10-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Never seen anyone use one....however...my parts dealer here at the dealership claims only 2 companies make all belts.....goodyear & gates.....Just a rumor I heard though!
Old 03-10-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Justin (boilermaker1) is running one, if I remember correctly from the pics of his build thread.
Old 03-10-2008

pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

boilermaker. . Get in here!! lol
Old 03-10-2008
Registered!!

DX5spd is an unknown quantity at this point

my last timing belt was a gates just a normal one tough. it held up to alot of high reving until my motor blew
Old 03-10-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

I'm running a Napa belt. I cant see it being any different than a honda one.
Old 03-10-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

a belt is a belt...just get one
Old 03-11-2008

Yeah, I just didn't want to get one made out of a used condom or something. Or maybe a cheap condom that is going to break and leak the love of my car all over as the irrepairable damage sets in.
Old 03-11-2008
Registered!!

Nitro Express is an unknown quantity at this point

Gates makes a very good belt, they make the belts for the Harley Belt Drives. There are a slew of belt companies out there, too many to list (way more than just Goodyear & Gates). Keep in mind belts are designed for specific tension, pulley diameter, and rpm combinations. Whatever belt you go with make sure you've got that right. Gates makes some of the better belts out there (especially their polychain). This is the belt I will be using, thanks for pointing it out. And no, a belt is not a belt.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-11-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-11-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Our timing belt is the cheapest belt Honda makes. Why don't you just get oem?
Old 03-11-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Amen!
Old 03-11-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
colourwolf will become famous soon enough

i dont want to **** arround with the timming belt...so i went for the OEM one.
Old 03-12-2008

Looks like I'm going OEM. You guys are right, you can't beat the price and the OEM one is known good.

Thanks guys!