Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Fuel filters, or lack of...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel filters, or lack of...

I talked to honda today and learned that our gen civics do not have fuel filters? Is that really true? and if so why?
Old 04-07-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
No there in the tank on the fuel pump
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
That service guy need to be fired.
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

so how do u change it? Do you change the fuel pump? how often do u need to change it?
Old 04-07-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
they are there, just extremely hard to replace.
Old 04-07-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
yes they are there and they dont need to be replaced according to my honda dealer that they will last the life of the car
Old 04-07-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by prccivic
I talked to honda today and learned that our gen civics do not have fuel filters? Is that really true? and if so why?
wtf... that guy is a retard! Please tell him to shoot himself.
Old 04-07-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
well maybe since they do not need to be replaced ever, and the guy isn't here knowing every single detail of a civic without the service manual, then he just didn't know.
I highly doubt that all technicians or whatever know each and every part of every vehicle. c'mon people
Old 04-07-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the service interval is 100k miles. even i know that
Old 04-07-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
not according to honda cuz when i went in for tune up i was like check the fuel filter and the guy explained to me that in my car it never needs to be changed
Old 04-08-2006
Premium Member

okay thats only one (less knowledgeable) mechanic, not the actual honda maintenance schedule. every dealer tells me something different, i sometimes wonder how they are even mechanics with how little they know.
Old 04-08-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

hm idk.
Old 04-08-2006
Premium Member

ask tinman, hes been a mech for a long time.
Old 04-08-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Anyonw have the owners manual, it should say in the maintance section. Or to be even more accurate, look in the helms.

Originally Posted by diskreet
well maybe since they do not need to be replaced ever, and the guy isn't here knowing every single detail of a civic without the service manual, then he just didn't know.
I highly doubt that all technicians or whatever know each and every part of every vehicle. c'mon people
partially agree with you, but at the same time, a mechanic shoud know that there HAS to be some sort of filter some where, if not, that means you are sucking in straight gas without any filter at all, and no matter what car you have, that's a bad idea.

Last edited by Jrfish007; 04-08-2006 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-08-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
From EP3 manual,

Not listed in severe or normal schedule.

"The fuel filter should be replaced whenever the fuel pressure drops below the specified value (270-320 kPa, 2.8-3.3 kgf/cm2, 40-47 PSI) after making sure that the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator are O.K."
Old 04-08-2006

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by diskreet
I understand that he probably doesn't know every single detail of every single Honda on the market but to tell someone that our Civic's (which he probaby works on the majority of the time) has NO fuel filter is like me telling you that my car doesn't have 4 wheels.

Every car ever produced has a fuel filter!!! That is common knowledge.
Old 04-08-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by R1Style
I understand that he probably doesn't know every single detail of every single Honda on the market but to tell someone that our Civic's (which he probaby works on the majority of the time) has NO fuel filter is like me telling you that my car doesn't have 4 wheels.

Every car ever produced has a fuel filter!!! That is common knowledge.
you sure? I dun recall ever reading about the original edsels having them or model A's and the like...
Old 04-08-2006
Premium Member

okay explain what an "edsel" is
Old 04-08-2006

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gearbox
okay explain what an "edsel" is
hehe
Old 04-09-2006
Registered!!

^^..oh...ok
Old 04-09-2006
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
i wouldnt exactly call it a fuel "filter"

I think the proper term would be a "fuel pump pickup screen"

Im pretty sure most fuel injected cars have these on top of normal fuel filters. I know the SRT4 and the newer camaros had these in the tanks, then had normal filters farther up the line.
Old 04-09-2006

Originally Posted by shroomster
you sure? I dun recall ever reading about the original edsels having them or model A's and the like...
Ok... I'm talking about modern cars that run fuel injection and not old skool carborated cars.
Old 04-09-2006
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
I also have heard that the fuel filter would never to be changed unless you have some problems with pressure, etc....I was going to change it myself and then found out what all it involves and said "SCREW THAT"
Old 04-09-2006

Originally Posted by R1Style
Ok... I'm talking about modern cars that run fuel injection and not old skool carborated cars.
hehe
Old 04-09-2006
Registered!!

Ichiban is an unknown quantity at this point
Every car has a filter and a pickup screen. Everyone should know that filters get dirty. That's what they are for and therefore needs to be replaced when they get clogged.