Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

lc20 oil treatment review

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by fullgrown
wait...call me stupid or something...but does LC20 go into the engine oil and FP60 goes into the gas tank??
yes, very good. and as Gearbox has found out, it (lc20) works wonders in the tranny too.
Old 03-13-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
So that's what happened....thank you for your mature response its rare these days....

Last edited by Devani; 03-13-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-14-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lcd
FYI companies have tried multiple times to reverse engineer our products and have yet to figure it out. What makes it unique is some chemicals used mask other chemicals and also the order in which the process is done changes the chemical makeup.
They need better engineers
Old 01-26-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
i had to search a whole min to find this thread......sheese

anyways im purposly resurrecting this thread for the NEWer members on here....

i just finished changing my oil and as always, added some LC20.......

and dont forget some FP60...

awesome stuff guys.....
Old 01-28-2007
Registered!!

draganjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Where can I buy this stuff at?
Old 01-28-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
lubecontrol.com also anyone that wants the coupon codes for ordering 1 gallon of fp60 or lc20 just pm me your email addy. i still have 1/2 gallon of each and ive been using almost a year now. 1 gallon of fp60 is good for around 128 gas treatments. the lc20 for the oil will prolly last longer since you only add a few ounce at first and 1 oz every 1k miles.
Old 01-28-2007
Registered!!

Dticalman81 is an unknown quantity at this point
i use this too... purty good.
Old 10-22-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: lc20 oil treatment review

i just wanted to report that after using these products for two years, lc20 every 1k miles in oil and fp60 every gas fillup, there have been zero mechanical problems and i can say with confidence that my highway miles per gallon is a solid 42! that is 4mpg above the epa sticker which rates it at 38mpg under ideal conditions, and higher than some friends of mine who have hybrid civics. also my car is a daily driver, with an average of 12,000 miles put on each year. my car is running smooth as ever with no hesitation or rough idle. it runs like i drove it off the dealer lot. i just received my shipment of fp PLUS which i cant wait to start using soon.
Old 11-24-2008
Premium Member

still using lc20 for over THREE years, fp60 for two years, and fp-plus the third year. no problems at all. cars runs better than new, it looks like a new engine under the valve cover. still getting great gas mileage and power (for a civic). i change oil once every 6 months with valvoline maxlife oil and K&N filter. will continue to use these products as long as i own the car.
Old 11-25-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Awesome! I should invest in some of this stuff.
Old 11-25-2008

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

hey box, how much FP and LC do u go through a year?
Old 11-25-2008
Premium Member

used to go thru alot but now i dont drive as much. im on my second gallon of lc and third gallon of fp. maybe one gallon of fp per year if you drive 1k a month. the lc lasts longer cause you dont use as much.
Old 11-25-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Color me curious. I think I will get a quart of the LC so I can change my oil at 3K again instead of 2K from the turbo. I'm not willing to futz with the fuel at all given the delicate nature of tuning F/I'd car that was never designed to get air crammed into it's cylinders.
Old 11-25-2008
Registered!!

soarintothesun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all, I took the cue from gearbox also. I ordered lc20/fp60 a couple of months ago. I've been using it regularly, adding 1oz:1gallon of lc20 @ every oil change (3k mls+/-) and every 1000 until another oil change and fp60 every now and then also and I do see a difference in pickup in my civic, much perkier than before. The idle is definitely smoother than before. But I just want to say thanks to Gearbox for sharing with all of us. I may sound weird saying this but...eh it smells good too. I mean i'm not huffin' it of course but just when your pouring it, it has like a fruity sweet smell,...yay. I'm gonna throw in my two cents too and say, hey it's worth it to go order some, you won't get the same result with any other type of additive.

I do have a question though. how often do you guys use the FP60. I know with other fuel additives that if you add too much it's bad for the engine, corrodes seals and all that. There must be some kind of limit on how much you can use the fp60, or am I wrong it's safe to use at every fill up? I actually have kinda slacked off on mine for fear of doing some kind of damage, but I could just be paranoid.

Oh lord! May this thread never perish.
Old 11-25-2008
Premium Member

the fp does affect the octane so most likely will require a turbo retune. the oil stuff should work great. gallon is also much cheaper if you want.

i added fp60 every time i filled the tank for two years. ive been running the fp-plus upgrade formula for another year and thats what im using now. 3 yrs total, almost every fillup (unless i forget). nothing will happen. you can evean add extra it will not harm the car.

Last edited by gearbox; 11-25-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-25-2008
<---- I am really this short in person!

fullgrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
i just wanted to report that after using these products for two years, lc20 every 1k miles in oil and fp60 every gas fillup, there have been zero mechanical problems and i can say with confidence that my highway miles per gallon is a solid 42! that is 4mpg above the epa sticker which rates it at 38mpg under ideal conditions, and higher than some friends of mine who have hybrid civics. also my car is a daily driver, with an average of 12,000 miles put on each year. my car is running smooth as ever with no hesitation or rough idle. it runs like i drove it off the dealer lot. i just received my shipment of fp PLUS which i cant wait to start using soon.
how the heck do you get 42 mpg??? last time i calculated my mpg, i was getting 27mpg. and i've been adding lc20 and fp60. i don't rev past 3k much, only when i'm entering the highway or so. maybe cause of the weather? since nowadays here in chicago is close to 32 degrees.
Old 11-25-2008
Premium Member

read -highway- miles, in the summer, going average 65mph on flat road without stop and go. i get about 25-30 in the city normally. really depends how you drive cause that number goes between 15 and 34mpg depending how much i press the gas. cold weather on the highway, ive never gotten over 32mpg.
Old 11-26-2008

yea, i cruise it on the freeway at 65 with only 2 trips of street (to get to freeway) and i calculated 37mpg w.o fp60/lc20. thats the most i ever got....and i was driving it super careful
Old 11-26-2008
Premium Member

i never got higher than 38mpg on highway before using lc/fp even when i drove 60 the whole time.
Old 12-16-2008
Registered!!

mule69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have any current coupon codes for lube control?
Old 12-16-2008
Registered!!

9thgencorolla is an unknown quantity at this point

where can I buy this this thing!!
Old 12-16-2008
Premium Member

www.lubecontrol.com

there are currently no coupon codes available
Old 12-20-2008
Registered!!

eggot is an unknown quantity at this point

gearbox what is better. the fp60 or the fp60 plus..??? and do you have to get the lc20? i meant i wouldnt mind getting both i was just wondering. i just changed my oil to synthetic
Old 12-21-2008
Premium Member

i would def recommend getting both oil and gas additives. they are designed to work together but technically you can just use one or the other. you wont see as much of a difference tho.

fp60 is the old stuff, fp-plus is the newer stuff for gas. the plus is twice as concentrated (you only need 1oz per 10 gallons of gas), and it has a bit extra lubrication, its thinner and easier to pour, and it has a renewable soy base instead of petrol base.
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

jrock will become famous soon enoughjrock will become famous soon enough

Just ordered the plus starter pack! 1 quart of each!
Old 04-10-2009
Registered!!

edwin101988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got both yesterday... We shall see how it works out... (Keepin this thread goin!)
Old 04-10-2009
Premium Member

dont expect alot of change right away. it takes a couple months to clean things out and start helping performance and gas mileage. after that, continuous use will help keeps things working properly. the first few oil changes you will see the oil get really dark, then it will start to stay clean much longer. im at 7 months now since my last oil change and my oil still does not look black.
Old 04-10-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

im still not 100 positive on this stuff placebo effect maybe???? i mean if you keep your fluids regularly maintained you shouldn't need any additives rite.
Old 04-10-2009
Premium Member

true, but the additives mainly keep the fluids in good condition longer. like making regular oil and gas stay "good" for a longer period. otherwise the normal additives already in the oil start to break down early and you need to change oil more often. the lc products also add some extra lubrication and the oil additive dissolves carbon into solution. just my experience, my 02 civic never got higher than 38mpg on the highway. after using lc additives for a couple months, on the same road and same speed my mileage went up to 42mpg and average of 40mpg. the engine also feels much smoother and runs cleaner. no more carbon buildup all over the intake parts anymore ever and the engine looks like new inside.
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

If I had some carbon build up on the heads, would lube control stuff clear it?

Quick Reply: lc20 oil treatment review