Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

lc20 oil treatment review

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gearbox
lol its great in the tranny too!
hehe, check my sig. i already noted that its great in there
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AntiLoop will become famous soon enough
Interested in trying this product out... Do we get some sorta discount for reading about this product and being on 7thgencivic.com ?
Old 03-02-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
last year there was tons of discount both for 7thgen and a x-mas sale. but i would email them and ask cause all the codes expired in 06.
Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
will this motor oil treatment prevent the engine ping noise i get from my motor when i turn off my car?

im not sure if you guys know, but it sounds like someones throwing small rocks on your engine after a long highway drive with ur car. lol

ill give this product a try, ive already tried their gas treatment and it sure works for me. for the motor oil treatment, do u just pour few ounces in the oil cap? is it suppose to keep the addictives in the motor oil lasting longer?
Old 03-05-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i noticed the car gets alot smoother going on the highway. it goes from 60-90 no problem without struggling. feels like it wants more.

it makes the oil last upto 10k. anti-oxidant i guess. when you get an oil change, put in however many ounces for however many quarts, like for an ex you change 3.7 qt and add 3.7oz lc. then every 1k miles you add 1 ounce until the next oil change.For the very first time you use it, you're supposed to double the initial dose so whatever 3.7 x 2 is.
Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by D17thgen
will this motor oil treatment prevent the engine ping noise i get from my motor when i turn off my car?

im not sure if you guys know, but it sounds like someones throwing small rocks on your engine after a long highway drive with ur car. lol

ill give this product a try, ive already tried their gas treatment and it sure works for me. for the motor oil treatment, do u just pour few ounces in the oil cap? is it suppose to keep the addictives in the motor oil lasting longer?
Those noises after when you turn your car off is normal, its the metal contracting when its cooling down.
Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

Dticalman81 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it may be good in the short-term wise. But in the long term it may have damaging effects. It's just an assumption tho. Things may be too good to be true? Let me know....
Old 03-05-2006
Premium Member

i'll be using it for life so i'll post back if anything happens my trans is slipping but thats just crappy honda quality. i'm assuming the engine would last for a while tho.
Old 03-06-2006
ultra super duper member

01vic will become famous soon enough01vic will become famous soon enough
i want to SEE results for FP60 and LC20... somebody take apart there engine for before and after pics because all i see all over the internet is marketing for this stuff, theres no real evidence of this stuff doing ANYHTING... just people speculating about "better throttle response" and "2more mpg" which means nothing to me or anyone trying to figure out whether to buy this shady product or not....

also, they dont tell you what active ingredients are in it.... or how it works why not you ask? they say its so nobody steals the secret formula the stuff has been around forever, it must be patented unless they are really stupid.... why dont they tell me whats in it!!!??!! freakin con artists...

where can i find actual results of wether it ACTUALLY breaks up carbon deposits or not? because thats all im concerned about

my engine has 97k on it and if i could get rid of carbon that would be awesome, but im not going to put this stuff in my gas and upset my mobil 1 if all i get is better throttle response and mpg (which varies like crazy whether you have addatives or not) from my slow econo car......

Old 03-06-2006

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 01vic
i want to SEE results for FP60 and LC20... somebody take apart there engine for before and after pics because all i see all over the internet is marketing for this stuff, theres no real evidence of this stuff doing ANYHTING... just people speculating about "better throttle response" and "2more mpg" which means nothing to me or anyone trying to figure out whether to buy this shady product or not....

also, they dont tell you what active ingredients are in it.... or how it works why not you ask? they say its so nobody steals the secret formula the stuff has been around forever, it must be patented unless they are really stupid.... why dont they tell me whats in it!!!??!! freakin con artists...

where can i find actual results of wether it ACTUALLY breaks up carbon deposits or not? because thats all im concerned about

my engine has 97k on it and if i could get rid of carbon that would be awesome, but im not going to put this stuff in my gas and upset my mobil 1 if all i get is better throttle response and mpg (which varies like crazy whether you have addatives or not) from my slow econo car......

this man is on his way to your house to stick his fingers in your butt because of your stupid comments.
Old 03-06-2006
Premium Member

if i owned the formula I wouldn't tell you either. you want proof? talk to the labs that tested it and did oil analysis. there are test results all over the place. they have been around 40+ years I don't think they are conning you out of money especially with how cheap it is. actually the store products do a much better job of taking your money. Remember ZMAX?
Old 03-07-2006
ultra super duper member

01vic will become famous soon enough01vic will become famous soon enough
what labs? i have been looking around, all i want is solid information and i cant find it, if you could point me a direction that would get me some that would be awesome..

shroomster: i was just pissed because i cant find hard evidence of this stuff working... or why it works, i wasnt bad mouthing the product and have no reason to...

you guys need some I <3 LCD t-shirts...

edit:just to clear this up more, i am looking to buy some of this stuff, i just need to know if it works for real
Old 03-07-2006
Premium Member

www.bobistheoilguy.com

search and see what they have to say, including oil analysis showing that 10k mile oil is the same as when it started at 0k with lc20.
Old 03-07-2006

vietstylez will become famous soon enough
wow.. everyone over there seems to use that stuff
Old 03-07-2006
Premium Member

ya the stuff has been around a long time but there wasn't really alot of marketing done in the past. Jeff has done a great job so far in spreading the word.
Old 03-07-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Couldn't any big company reverse engineer this product and sell their own version of it?

If it works this well I'm wondering why it hasn't been done.
Old 03-07-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
haha.... reverse engineering this stuff is not easy. I actually have all the tools to do it in my lab, just not the time. See the easy part is figuring out what is in it, I could probably due that in a week or so, the hard part is finding out how much of each is in it. Then once you find that, you have to devlope the process to produce it. So this is all quite costly, say it costs about $250,000 USD (which about what my lab would charge for something like this), you then have a bill for $250,000, then you have to build the plant, which will cost you another $250,000-$500,000 depending on complexity of the processing. So you are easily $500,000 in the whole before you start, which means you will basically need to sell this stuff for years just to pay it off, and that doesn't include addrertising. But lets say you get some big company to back you and you get all this money and do this, you have another problem. This company has been around for quite a while, I'm sure they probably fully own their facilties by now, which means they have no real property bills, which means they can sell cheaper than a new company can make it. And we have not even gotten to the legal issues, who knows if it is patented or what ever.
Old 03-07-2006

Originally Posted by 01vic
what labs? i have been looking around, all i want is solid information and i cant find it, if you could point me a direction that would get me some that would be awesome..
shroomster: i was just pissed because i cant find hard evidence of this stuff working... or why it works, i wasnt bad mouthing the product and have no reason to...
you guys need some I <3 LCD t-shirts... :lol

edit:just to clear this up more, i am looking to buy some of this stuff, i just need to know if it works for real
just trying to lighten the mood, friend
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
its funny that the website has 7thgencivic.com as a link....i wonder who has ties with them...
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
Well seeing as how they are an official sponsor I bet Derek does. I bet its strictly a business relationship too. Ohhh no not money!
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

well they pay to get their banner posted and act as a sales vendor here. the money helps support this site. i have 7thgencivic on my site too and i dont get paid anything
Old 03-09-2006

Originally Posted by Devani
its funny that the website has 7thgencivic.com as a link....i wonder who has ties with them...
Originally Posted by nick95673
Well seeing as how they are an official sponsor I bet Derek does. I bet its strictly a business relationship too. Ohhh no not money!
I forgot, when was the last time you wanted to get your name out? did you just tell people, "hey I'm LubeControlDistributors. goodbye." ????? no you wouldn't be that stupid would both of you? no you make friends with people, synergize, trade tit for tat, financial reimbursement, etc. do you think this is some fly-by-night operation? no, they've been around for 40 years. <<<edited so please, just get over the bashing and get on with yourselves.

Last edited by shroomster; 03-09-2006 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

over 40 yrs
Old 03-10-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
ok..you win i love you....
Old 03-10-2006
Premium Member

thats better now buy some
Old 03-11-2006
Registered!!

you know i was about to buy some....
Old 03-13-2006
lcd
Registered!!

lcd is an unknown quantity at this point
Been away for awhile...interesting thread this has become.

We pay for advertising space on this websiste just like any other company. We simply put 7thgencivic link on our website so anyone interested in our products could find other places that discuss it.

It only helps us for someone to be able to go to other forums and see what others say.

FYI companies have tried multiple times to reverse engineer our products and have yet to figure it out. What makes it unique is some chemicals used mask other chemicals and also the order in which the process is done changes the chemical makeup.
Old 03-13-2006
Premium Member

awesome. thats one thing i hate in the business world is other companies always trying to spy on and steal products.
Old 03-13-2006

hey jeff welcome back its been a while (like ya said). I ordered (should be here w/in the week) a gallon of Fp60 and I'm going to try the lc20 (bought a quart). I really like the merchandise you guys have in the online store now looks good.
Old 03-13-2006
<---- I am really this short in person!

fullgrown is an unknown quantity at this point
wait...call me stupid or something...but does LC20 go into the engine oil and FP60 goes into the gas tank??

Quick Reply: lc20 oil treatment review