Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

transmission change

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lebaron is an unknown quantity at this point
transmission change

Hi all friends, I am new here and looking for help, just replace my bad auto transmission on 2005 civic 1.7 with similar used one but I got engine light on, the "D' light is flashing, pulls hard when I shift from park and jumps from D to D3 the car still runs and shifts gears good. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards.
Old 03-26-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: transmission change

the "D' light is flashing
That means there are trans related trouble codes.
Read codes and report back with codes.

Make sure you got everything plugged back in correctly.
Old 03-27-2015
Registered!!

I will, Thanks.
Old 04-01-2015
Registered!!

hi all again. I have check the codes they are P0700 and P0705 which points to a Transmission Range Sensor or switch, I don't know how to adjusted I have lost the position it was on. Please any help Thanks, regards.
Old 04-01-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Short in range switch, the computer saw multiple switch inputs when it should only see a single input.

As you move the shift lever into each gear position, does each light on the dash light up correctly indicating the selected gear?

Does any indicator stay on when the lever is not in that position?
(If yes, then disconnect the range switch. If all lights go out, replace switch.)

If you still have the original trans maybe swap the old switch back in.

This article seems to tell how to adjust the range switch: http://www.2carpros.com/questions/20...c-03-wont-park

Maybe it got damaged when they rolled the trans out of the junk car onto the ground.
Old 04-02-2015
Registered!!

Thanks again for your help, I have followed the instructions of how to adjust the range switch with both switchs same result one gear is missing. What i noticed is that the switch that came with replacement good transmission has only 9 pins the old one has 10 pins, the harness is the same 10 wires. I don't know if that is important. Thanks again. Oh the ligths don't stay on. The indicator lights seems to work fine when I switch gears except for the last gear (2) that is missing.

Last edited by lebaron; 04-02-2015 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-02-2015

Could the #2 bulb be burned out?

Did you only swap the range switch, or did you swap the harness too? (about 8 inches of wire between switch and top of trans) Try it?

Trans may not be identical to what you removed?
The wire diagrams split, 01-02 use one diagram, 03-05 use another. I can't tell what the differences are right now.

If part swaps don't solve it, I think I'd get the wire diagrams and test each circuit. (Actually, I'd have my scanner on it first, see what I can learn the easy way first.)

Description of the code says the PCM had to see 2 or more incorrect inputs switched on at the same time for longer than one second.

There are more functions of the range switch than just the inputs for the lights on the dash. There is a circuit called FWD, it does not show up on the dash lights..
Old 04-03-2015
Registered!!

No the bulb is ok, if i play little bit with the switch adjusment I can shift to 2 last gear but then skipt "n" or "d" and so on. I've tried both harness. The transmission are similar all same sensors, gears and it fit right in the engine it runs good except very minor pulling wich I don't like the only diference is the number of the switch's pins. The engine light is not on anymore Thanks.
Old 04-12-2015
Registered!!

I have found out that the old bad transmission by turning the shaft it clicks 6 times, so I disconnected the shifting cable from the good transmission it only clicks 5 times. Does this say anything? Thanks.
Old 04-12-2015

You may have gotten the wrong trans?

Look into the differences between these two trans types:
BMXA
SLXA

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...bmxa-swap.html