got a squeaky clutch? I fixed mine today **pic added**

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
thanks alot guys
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Whelan is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a side note

What Silverem2 did worked perfectly well and requires no working under the hood.

Simply get a can of white lithium spray with the little straw and pop off the two panels under your steering wheel. They come right of with twist locks so its very easy. This will allow you access to the clutch pedal.

If you press the clutch pedal and look at the rod that goes through the firewall a hole opens up around the rod as the pedal is pushed.

Simply push the pedal in and shoot the grease into the open area until it starts to pour out. Do the top and the bottom and your all set. Give the pedal a few pushes and your good to go.

I did this last night and the difference is amazing, no more squeak, and the clutch is very easy now.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
I fixed my squeak last night, it was under the hood near the clutch cylinder. I didn't even have to unbolt anything. I just took off the rubber boot and then there was another rubber boot which I sprayed some white grease in there and it works wonders. I don't know how long it will last but it felt a lot nicer, and I didnt hear any more noise!
Old 07-22-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Whelan
Just a side note

What Silverem2 did worked perfectly well and requires no working under the hood.

Simply get a can of white lithium spray with the little straw and pop off the two panels under your steering wheel. They come right of with twist locks so its very easy. This will allow you access to the clutch pedal.

If you press the clutch pedal and look at the rod that goes through the firewall a hole opens up around the rod as the pedal is pushed.

Simply push the pedal in and shoot the grease into the open area until it starts to pour out. Do the top and the bottom and your all set. Give the pedal a few pushes and your good to go.

I did this last night and the difference is amazing, no more squeak, and the clutch is very easy now.
uhh.... NO. This will only work for the interior squeeks... I have exterior squeeks right in the spot this thread is telling about.
Old 07-22-2005

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
Yes, That will only work for interior squeeking, which seems to be infamous as well. But its just for those people who have done it and it still squeeks, do this also, as I found it to be VERY dryed out.
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

Whelan is an unknown quantity at this point
Well my interior was the issue my exterior doesnt squeak at all.
Old 07-23-2005

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
Ya, mine too, but I didnt know any better and sprayed the outside, and it persisted to squeak, so I looked for more areas and found out that it was so dry that it was just rubbing.
Old 08-28-2005
Registered!!

aaront is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a white plastic piece that was attached to there, anyone know what its for and how to secure back in place? Mine just keeps falling out I dont think I have it on right. The clutch still works though I still have that interior squeek happening too. Im just not crazy about ending up with less pieces than i started with... anyone know?
Old 08-28-2005
Registered!!

aaront is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah the interior squeek was easy, under the fuse panel, in the clutch joint, WD40'd it.
Old 10-13-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
pimp - it works great. i didnt remove the 2 bolts, just moved the boot back and sprayed away. lithium grease owns.
Old 11-04-2005
Banned

alvarado302 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
So my clutch does not squeak anymore mine was squeaking from the inside of the car by the clutch pedal, i put a little of wd40 and it went away no more sqeak its been about a month now and nothing but i'am getting this popping sound as soon as i press it. Dont know what this is maybe one of you have experianced this before and know what it is..Thanks in advance.
Old 11-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
ummm just a question, im not having a squeek but more like, as alvarado said, a popping, i can feel and hear it ususally when im holding the clutch half way. When I hold it still half way, any motion will make a little popping noise, would this be the interior noise? or is it something else?
Old 04-16-2007
Registered!!

chopper202 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: got a squeaky clutch? I fixed mine today **pic added**

Hey I pulled the whole slave cylinder apart and removed the ball joint sprayed it with WD-40 to get rid of the old grease and when i did it u can tell that its been worn down alot I took pic
[/IMG]
when i assembled it all again the squeak went away but a few days later it came back is it due to the worn out ball joint?
is it worth buying a new one or just keep greasing it up every now and than?
Old 04-16-2007
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light

WD40 is NOT a grease. Get some white lithium grease and goop it up good! I did this probabbly about a year ago and it hasn't come back yet (01 EX w/95k miles). It does look a bit worn and you may want to replace, just make sure when reinstalling to grease it up good.
Old 04-16-2007
Registered!!

ohh sorry i forgot to say i only used wd40 to clean, i greased it up with lithium grease (cose i couldnt find white lithium grease if there is any difference) i greased the ball that you can see there and the actual fork part that it connects to... did your ball joint look anything like mine
Old 04-16-2007
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light

I just slid the boot back then sprayed and packed with grease. I didn't really pull it apart to look at it.
Old 04-23-2007
Registered!!

And that worked??? I followed the instructions in the first post step by step and the squeak went away for bout a week and than I got some heavy rain and it came back... I left it thinking it was just a little water in the joint but I couldnt take it after a week or so... I pulled it apart again and gave it even more grease and straight away it squeaks... I have no idea what it is, ive done everything that it says to ....ive got one idea and that is that the ball joint is really worn but besides that im out of ideas.. some one please help its really getting annoying
Old 04-23-2007
Registered!!

HondCivc91 is an unknown quantity at this point

whenever i get a squeaky clutch pedal once in a blue moon, i take off the plastic panels underneath the steering colum and spray lithium grease into the cylinder that goes through the firewall for the clutch.
Old 04-23-2007
Registered!!

but its not coming from that area its coming fromt the slave cylinder in the engine bay... Ive followed the whole clutch fromt the pedal to the slave cylinder and the only sound I get is around the slave cylinder... and im talking about a distinct squeak/creak and im running out of ideas
Old 04-23-2007
Registered!!

There are two general squeaks with the clutch - one interior that HondCiv91 talked about and one exterior at the slave cylinder that you seem to have. After I greased mine, it was smooth as when we bought the car and it hasn't come back. Someone around here should have better experience with the clutch pieces. You probably should start a new thread in the 7th Gen Mechanical Problems forum with the pic and explain what you did. Most people probably won't read thru 6 pages to get to your question.
Old 04-23-2007
Registered!!

Ok ill have a go at that cheers for your help
Old 04-27-2007
smk
Registered!!

smk is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering whether anyone would be kind enough to put the pictures up for the interior squeaks? The ones posted before seems to be outdated and no longer works...
Old 04-27-2007
Registered!!

civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about

No matter what you spray on the slave it will eventually squeek again!!! I have done this for almost 2 years now and eventually I comes back!! White lithium grease seems to work the best but only for a short period regardless!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

I read all 6 pages and,

Wow! Why such controversy over a simple problem?
Old 04-27-2007
Registered!!

Wow! Why such controversy over a simple problem?
simple yes but its little abnormalities that stuff it up for some people and different people have different opnions on how to correct it therefore controversy
Old 05-15-2007
Registered!!

ZippyDan is an unknown quantity at this point

at the front of the L shaped boot (facing you if you are facing the car), there is a slit in the boot that you can stick your fingers in and feel around. you could easily wildly spray some lithium grease in there and probably accomplish nearly the same thing a little less precisely. in fact im pretty sure that is why that slit is there
Old 10-23-2007
Registered!!

ClickRight is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody still have the pics from the original post? I've located the boot, but I'm not too sure what I should be removing to get it off.

Thanks
Old 10-23-2007
Registered!!

ClickRight is an unknown quantity at this point

Nevermind, I got it done with some help

Works great, no more squeak on the outside, but now there's a sound on the inside

Doing this made the clutch pedal move easier and more smooth too. Awesome
Old 11-10-2007
Registered!!

Hippiboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Man, none of the pictures are up anymore. Does anyone still have the pictures???
Old 11-10-2007
Registered!!

HondCivc91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine actually started faintly squeaking again yesterday, so I should be able to post up pics tomorrow of where I spray under the dash inside the car. Like I said, for me, the noise always comes from where the linkage for the clutch pedal goes through the fire wall. It starts squeaking every 6 months or so. My old '91 Civic I had for over 12 years did the same exact thing.

Quick Reply: got a squeaky clutch? I fixed mine today **pic added**