Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

Inner tie rods

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Explorer352 is an unknown quantity at this point
Inner tie rods

Took car to the shop to see why the vibration and pulling. They said struts and tie rods. It's a reputable shop and I know the owner. I thought, Hey I've been working on cars for years. I can do this. So, I got this http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....430771&jsn=344 and some Tokico's. Got the struts mounted and replaced no prob. Moved on to the tie rods.....

Outers were a b!tch to get off, inners wouldn't budge. Went to brick and mortar parts store and rented their one-size-fits-some inner tie rod removal tool. What a joke.

So, it's late in the weekend and I need my car Monday. I'm up crap creek with no paddle. My plan is to go to H Depot in the a.m. and get a "crow's foot" wrench. My new Moog inner has a hex end that measures 1 1/8th in. Can anyone verify that this is the size of the original hex size???

Thx.

ps
Yes, I searched. Found a couple threads that touched on this, but none that answered my specific q.