DIY polyurethane motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIY polyurethane motor mounts

true, if the engine moves less, it can put more power to the wheels. i could feel a difference when i had the front mount torn to after i installed the black mounts. imo, anything harder than black will have excessive vibration. i also had a "engine-damper" shock at one point and this stiffens the engine even more and gives alot better engine response. but it also creates extreme vibrations to the point where it may not be fun to drive anymore. merhaba and welcome to the forum.
Old 11-22-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cembasmaci is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info ; now it is clear that I will order black one and install it to my front engine mount.

Also personally thank you for your warm welcome message
Old 11-22-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I thought that the RED parts were harder and more performance oriented?

This is a common misconception. The red parts have the same durometer (hardness) as the Black parts and differ only in their actual appearance (color) and the fact that they're NOT graphite impregnated like the Black parts.
Like I said, the only difference is the graphite. Red are not stiffer.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...=Color&optid=1
Old 11-22-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

interesting, guess its just a rumor then lol. thanks for posting
Old 04-20-2015
Registered!!

jmonty0523 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not really trying to bring back an old thread, and kinda grasping at straws on this one... But I'm in the process of changing out all my motor mounts in my '05 LX civic. I bought the innovative kit and I also bought the flexane liquid to do the custom poly front mount.

I do not know how many people on here have done this, or if any of them still pay attention on here, but just lookin for some pointers before I start this and mess it up.

Seeing as I'm not really looking for the flexane to "bond" with the rubber or metal of the mount, I'm only looking for it to seal around whats already there, do I need the flexane primer? I was planning on removing some of the existing rubber to allow for more flexane but still have enough rubber to locate the center sleeve.

Any input would be great.

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2015
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Just making sure I'm understanding correctly. You bought the innovative mount kit (this guy?), and you want to do the flexane "fix" on the front innovative mount?

I did the diy poly fix on my front and tranny mounts, and the kit had enough for both mounts with just a little bit left over. If [above] is what you're trying to do, I think it'd be a waste of money. Just my opinion. However, I will provide insight. When I did the DIY fix, I didn't use the primer. Just poured it and went. If you don't want it to bond, sounds like you'd need a releasing agent as opposed to a primer.
Old 09-24-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
meicalnissyen has a spectacular aura aboutmeicalnissyen has a spectacular aura about

I keep smooth on on speed dial.

and love to add to necromancer posts

Bought this civic as a DD beater, and while correcting the unliveables, took advantage of some new bondable materiel

80duro just a bit of fill

trully regret not packing the **** outta the LCA "bushings"

jesus, whatta mush fest

but,........ DD beater cheap, quick, done
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150924_190203.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	88128  
Old 09-24-2015
Registered!!

nick82006 is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel as if there is no final word on this topic?

Would this be a simple solution to stiffen up the LCA bushings? Does anyone have any word as to longevity?
Old 09-24-2015
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Did this a while ago. Used the flexane 80 and left em solid. They've held up nicely with no issues