Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pole is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: DIY: EBAY FOG LIGHTS w/ EBAY BUTTON

hi! i`m from Buenos Aires, Argentina and i own a CIVIC EX

sorry for my english

so, i bought this ebay product

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330585191176...S:1123&vxp=mtr

it could not be sooo difficult to install them. this DIY is awesome but i got some differences in the wires.
i know how to remove the front bumper (i´ve replaced the horn recently) and how to guide the wires through the engine bay thanks to this DIY

here i post some pics in 2 major groups, as they come in the box

here i got the plugs to the fogs on the left.
and then the first detail pic is one red cable with a metal hook in the end and a yellow cable with a metal plug in the end
then the relay and a little fuse box (on the 2nd detail pic)
they all came already pluged as i show in the pic in a large group

SO: where should I connect the red and the yellow cable?
where should i put the little fuse box? and the relay?

this is the key to put the fogs ON, already pluged with the green plug and in the other end 3 connections

the black one with the hook, the yellow one with the metal plug and the brown plug that has a paper sticked on it that says "ignition"

SO: where should I connect this 3 connections?

and then theres a solitary red wire with two metal plugs in the ends

i got the intention to install all by myself and not spend more money. i feel i could make the bumper cuts, all until i came in front of the final connections

also i want this fogs only to work if i switch ON the position lights (and of course low beam lights)

thanks all in advance!!!!!!!

BTW: here´s my car

Old 06-23-2012
Registered!!

superan4711 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 2 questions.

1. Doesn't a coupe come with a sub harness pre-installed?

2. What is the purpose of the black wire in picture 10? I have the same kit with everything hooked up except the black wire and I'm not getting any power to the switch or the fog lights. could it be the fuse or the relay?

If anyone could help that would be awesome.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by superan4711
I have 2 questions.

1. Doesn't a coupe come with a sub harness pre-installed?

2. What is the purpose of the black wire in picture 10? I have the same kit with everything hooked up except the black wire and I'm not getting any power to the switch or the fog lights. could it be the fuse or the relay?

If anyone could help that would be awesome.
Thanks in advance.
1. depending on the year, yes. 6th gens do. my 7th gen did not. (to my knowledge)

2. im pretty sure that black wire is the same wire in the connector he taped to the harness and didnt use.

did u test them before running the harness?
Old 08-01-2012
Registered!!

01-civic-dx is an unknown quantity at this point

so a few questions if that black wire that plugs into the car plug goes no where then whats the point? and second im having troble with mine i have the same kit different colored wires and i had to redo the wires for the relay and i cant figure out the order that they go in would love the help
Old 08-09-2012
Registered!!

Payndew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys hows it going, Im new on the forum and i was hoping someone could Help. I have an 03 sedan and i have an Ebay foglight kit with HID conversion . Im having some trouble hooking it up and i was hoping someone could shed some light. My issues are :

1. I read on the forum there should be a blue wire under the dash, with a brown connector on it and the recieving end is part of the relay harness that is with the foglights. I CANT FIND THIS DAMN WIRE! Ive been looking for hours today and i dont see any blue wire with a brown clip on the end of it! Its a single by the way so its only 1 minute peice thing inside it. I was hoping someoen could take a picture as to wher i should find it. Is it hidden inside the taped up main harness that goes to the Fuse box interior ?? Or is it soemwhere else in the car? I checked behind the cigarette lighter/12v power source as well as behind the Radio/Climate control assembly and no luck Someone help!

Last edited by Payndew; 08-09-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-10-2012
Registered!!

Payndew is an unknown quantity at this point

Bump!- someone help please
Old 08-28-2012
Registered!!

Civie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Payndew
Hi Guys hows it going, Im new on the forum and i was hoping someone could Help. I have an 03 sedan and i have an Ebay foglight kit with HID conversion . Im having some trouble hooking it up and i was hoping someone could shed some light. My issues are :

1. I read on the forum there should be a blue wire under the dash, with a brown connector on it and the recieving end is part of the relay harness that is with the foglights. I CANT FIND THIS DAMN WIRE! Ive been looking for hours today and i dont see any blue wire with a brown clip on the end of it! Its a single by the way so its only 1 minute peice thing inside it. I was hoping someoen could take a picture as to wher i should find it. Is it hidden inside the taped up main harness that goes to the Fuse box interior ?? Or is it soemwhere else in the car? I checked behind the cigarette lighter/12v power source as well as behind the Radio/Climate control assembly and no luck Someone help!
Hi, I'm newbie as well in the middle of doing my foglight installation. I'm hoping to install the switch harness sometime this week so when I find the 1-PIN Connector under the dash, I'll post a picture to help.

Now, I too also need help. Here is a picture of my switch harness:

Name:  42a43132.jpg
Views: 8126
Size:  124.3 KB

From TOP to BOTTOM, LEFT to RIGHT:
1. Fuse
2. Relay
3. 1-Pin Connector
4. Plug to switch
5. Ground wire
6. Wire from switch (plug)
7. Wire from fuse

Okay, so from this thread, it seems like the red wire (#6) from the plug needs to be spliced into a 12V line to power the switch.

My question is: where is the red/white wire (#7) from the fuse suppose to be spliced into? Is it the battery?

In case it helps, I drive a 2010 Honda Civic EX
Old 08-28-2012
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Civie
Hi, I'm newbie as well in the middle of doing my foglight installation. I'm hoping to install the switch harness sometime this week so when I find the 1-PIN Connector under the dash, I'll post a picture to help.

Now, I too also need help. Here is a picture of my switch harness:

From TOP to BOTTOM, LEFT to RIGHT:
1. Fuse
2. Relay
3. 1-Pin Connector
4. Plug to switch
5. Ground wire
6. Wire from switch (plug)
7. Wire from fuse

Okay, so from this thread, it seems like the red wire (#6) from the plug needs to be spliced into a 12V line to power the switch.

My question is: where is the red/white wire (#7) from the fuse suppose to be spliced into? Is it the battery?

In case it helps, I drive a 2010 Honda Civic EX
both #6 and #7 need 12v. #6 is power to light up the switch and #7 is the power for the fogs themselves (hence the fuse). so id splice #6 into your cig lighter or parking lights. and #7 into a good 12v source. and not one with tiny wire either unless you want melted wires... if the newer civics use the same type of fuse box under the dash as older models id crimp a spade terminal on the end if the fuse wire and connect it to one of the aux 12v's w/ ign on your fuse box.

the colored plugs are the aux 12v's. if your fuse box looks like this then white is constant orange is ign and red is on im pretty sure.
Old 08-28-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Payndew

its directly behind the fuse box. on the back side.

Old 08-30-2012
Registered!!

Civie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
both #6 and #7 need 12v. #6 is power to light up the switch and #7 is the power for the fogs themselves (hence the fuse). so id splice #6 into your cig lighter or parking lights. and #7 into a good 12v source. and not one with tiny wire either unless you want melted wires... if the newer civics use the same type of fuse box under the dash as older models id crimp a spade terminal on the end if the fuse wire and connect it to one of the aux 12v's w/ ign on your fuse box.

the colored plugs are the aux 12v's. if your fuse box looks like this then white is constant orange is ign and red is on im pretty sure.
Hi Pwnsauce,

Thanks for the information. I took a look under the dash and my head almost exploded so I'm hoping you can guide me a little further. Here is what my fuse box looks like:

Name:  5707059c.jpg
Views: 13935
Size:  112.4 KB

#6 caught my attention has it is marked for the foglights but here is is marked as a 20A fuse but the one that was provided with my switch harness is 15A. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Civie
Hi Pwnsauce,

Thanks for the information. I took a look under the dash and my head almost exploded so I'm hoping you can guide me a little further. Here is what my fuse box looks like:

#6 caught my attention has it is marked for the foglights but here is is marked as a 20A fuse but the one that was provided with my switch harness is 15A. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
im pretty sure thats what both of my ek fog harness's use is a 15a.

if you want probably the easiest install youll need to go get 2 of these
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...ord=add+a+fuse

any autoparts store has them and maybe even walmart or something but there stupid simple you just unplug your 20A foglight fuse plug the add a fuse in and put your 20a fuse back in along with your 15 and connect the wire from the harness to the lead off the fuse. the other one youll have to use your headlight fuse or anything that gets power when you turn them on (dash lights, parking lights)
Old 12-11-2012
Registered!!

CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point

Might not be the proper place to post this question... How is the quality of these ebay fogs compared to the. OE foglight kit? eBay model is about 8.5 x cheaper than OE fogs.
Old 06-09-2013
Registered!!

andress1021 is an unknown quantity at this point

THIS FOG kit is driving me crazy fogs are connected good my problem is inside. im connecting female to the one connector behind fuse box. ground ok, switch ok, now im left with two male conncetors one goes in front of fuse box{switch lights up and i can hear relay clicking} the other connector comes off relay with fuse in the middle i tried connecting this one on the front of the fuse box as well with no luck. bulbs are good i checked. if anybody needs anything from the acura or honda network lemme know i can get it wiring diagrams radio codes you name it just pm me
Old 06-10-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

^ did you check the fuse that is connected to the harness? Also the fuse in the fuse box?

Do have a volt meter or test light? See if you get +12V where you are trying to plug it in at.
Old 06-10-2013
Registered!!

andress1021 is an unknown quantity at this point

30amp fuse is good. I will go and buy a test light today. Ill keep posted

Originally Posted by GolNat
^ did you check the fuse that is connected to the harness? Also the fuse in the fuse box?

Do have a volt meter or test light? See if you get +12V where you are trying to plug it in at.
Old 09-19-2015
Registered!!

Tedverseti is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: DIY: EBAY FOG LIGHTS w/ EBAY BUTTON

Hey guys, I attempted this install today. I ran everything correctly. I put my grounds wire & relay box behind the cig lighter though, bc the blank space from the DIY is occupied by my sunroof button, so I put it in one of the two blank slots that I have right next the cig lighter. I plugged the grey plugs for the fuse box into the fuse box, but that didn't work, so I just spliced them with the cig lighter's yellow wire, which prompted the light on the switch to come on, indicating successful power. However, the actual fog lights do not come on when I press the switch, although it has power itself. I traced everything back, made sure everything was grounded properly, but nothing seems to be the issue, except for that black wire he said to plug into the "car plug" (mine is yellow btw). I tried that & it didn't do anything, but it's not connected to anything anyways, so I just have it sitting there. Any ideas on what I've done wrong? (Newbie post)
Old 09-20-2015
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Is the relay engaging? You will hear it click. Check all your fuses. You can run your relay trigger off of the cig power wire but your fog lights need to run off of the battery.

If it's not working something is not wired correctly. Should be wired similiar to this:

Old 09-20-2015
Registered!!

Tedverseti is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
Is the relay engaging? You will hear it click. Check all your fuses. You can run your relay trigger off of the cig power wire but your fog lights need to run off of the battery.

If it's not working something is not wired correctly. Should be wired similiar to this:

The relay is engaging. I have the two grounds for each light hooked up in the engine bay, then the connection from the fog harness to the sub harness, which ends with a connection to the harness w/the relay, relay grounds & switch. Now, that black wire from the DIY, which is yellow on my set up, should I redirect that to the battery ? I see how my connection is set up in relation to the diagram, but I'm not sure how to connect to the battery. I can take pictures as soon as I can to show you where my set up is running.
Old 10-11-2015
Registered!!

AaronM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DemikoD
This helped me out A LOT!! Thank you. I had the same exact kit minus the sub harness. Had to add some extra wire to reach from the engine bay to underneath the dash. Fogs weren't coming on with the connecters plugged into the fuse box, so I cut those off and tapped into the cig lighter. That did the trick.
Hi, so not sure if anyone will respond to this as this is an old forum but I was wonder if someone could explain how to connect the fog lights by tapping into the cigarette light port? I initially followed the instructions and plugged the two plugins into the fuse box but that didn't work (fog light switch doesn't light up nor the fog lights) so I'm looking for an alternative wiring option.

ps: I'm have limited wiring experience so a simple explanation would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-20-2016
Registered!!

Steven Eisler is an unknown quantity at this point

...... so where are these finished product pics? I would like to know how these things fit in the stock bumper cut outs. Any time now, buddy
Old 05-17-2016
Registered!!

GusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the rough

So I just installed my fog lights with an ebay kit for my 04 civic ex, just wanted to post on here my experience with this.

The kit was all plug and play, no splicing or tapping needed. The only bad thing about the ebay kit is the switch. It is meant for the slot next to the cruise control, thus wont exactly fit the slot in the middle next to the cig lighter. Also, the wires looked like they were not gonna reach but all that was needed was to cut away the plastic cover and pull more wire in the direction that is needed. Then you can re-cover the wire after it is set in its place.

One more thing, by plugging into the fuse box and not splicing any wires, the fog lights only light up when the low beams are on. I think this is awesome that way you wont forget to switch them off and have a dead battery.

Anyhow those where my two cents, hope it helps someone that is doing this install.
Old 05-15-2022
Registered!!

Emmaleigh is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm trying to hook up my cheap ebay fog lights for my 01 civic coupe.
My wiring harness came in 2 parts, behind the bumper/under the hood is a U shaped harness connecting to both lights that I installed in the bumper.
The second part of the harness pictured below, this harness has a BATT wire, an ACC wire it also has a relay, fuse and a rocker switch already connected. And of course an extension wire to go through the firewall.
The exterior part of the harness is hooked up, I plugged the ACC and BATT plugs in to my fuse box under the dash and connected both ends of the extension wire but I'm not getting power to the lights or to the switch. The switch looks like it should illuminate.

Im not sure what I'm missing but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Harness for interior part on installation. Switch and relay circled

Close up of batt and acc plugs on harness

Acc and batt plugs in the fuse box under the dash.

Old 05-16-2022
Prelude Owner

Originally Posted by Emmaleigh
I'm trying to hook up my cheap ebay fog lights for my 01 civic coupe.
My wiring harness came in 2 parts, behind the bumper/under the hood is a U shaped harness connecting to both lights that I installed in the bumper.
The second part of the harness pictured below, this harness has a BATT wire, an ACC wire it also has a relay, fuse and a rocker switch already connected. And of course an extension wire to go through the firewall.
The exterior part of the harness is hooked up, I plugged the ACC and BATT plugs in to my fuse box under the dash and connected both ends of the extension wire but I'm not getting power to the lights or to the switch. The switch looks like it should illuminate.

Im not sure what I'm missing but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Harness for interior part on installation. Switch and relay circled

Close up of batt and acc plugs on harness

Acc and batt plugs in the fuse box under the dash.

Where is your ground connected? Is it bare metal?