DIY: M3 Mirror install

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ironcow is on a distinguished road
DIY: M3 Mirror install

okay so ive searched and searched all the way back to 2002 and i think this just needs to be settled simply...i made a DIY so that everyone can see how easy it is if you think outside the box

i went with the LED-less ones because i have sidemarkers and i thought 3 turnsignals would be quite excessive

here is the task at hand...not too scary

remove the tweeter...i just opened the window and pulled it right off, hopefully it is just as easy for the rest of you

remove the 3 nuts that are right behind the tweeter...simple 8mm socket should do the trick quite nicely

pop the clip that holds the power harness right thru the hole and vola...the easy part is done your stock mirror is now off

now i took the rubber piece off the stock mirror to help keep rain and dirt out of the housing

here was the part that threw me off, my mirror of course had no bolts to lock into place so after nearly distroying my stock mirror i realized just 3 screws should do the trick and amazingly its on there pretty snug with little to no problems...i just hope the screws stay tight

this is the part i fudged...all the wiring combos either went up and down but not left or right or just every direction went left, so i need to get some one who reads japanese and take care of it that way...so i just tucked all the wires inside and closed it up.... boom your done

finished product

hopefully this helps anyone who had questions, i know i was struggling at first but it wasnt that bad in the end...hope you like it, feel free to add to the wiring

Last edited by Derek-CEO; 06-14-2005 at 10:26 AM. Reason: changed path to images
Old 06-10-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the DIY
i was thinking about getting the m3 style mirrors but they are smaller than stock and i rely heavily on the side mirrors when driving... so i don't think i'll be getting it...
but it's good to see it's not a big hassle...
Old 06-10-2005
Registered!!

sador is an unknown quantity at this point
As soon I get I chance I'll post the wiring and where you can get up/down left/right
is easy if you have a Multitester.
Now if you mirrors are combo led light (amber/Blue) you can connect the amber to you turn signal or parking lights and the blue to you alarm if you have one.
My car is in the shop.
Old 06-10-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sador
As soon I get I chance I'll post the wiring and where you can get up/down left/right
is easy if you have a Multitester.
Now if you mirrors are combo led light (amber/Blue) you can connect the amber to you turn signal or parking lights and the blue to you alarm if you have one.
My car is in the shop.

that would be awesome man and then we can combine it into the ultimate DIY...im dont have my tools with me so i was gonna stop by radio shack tonight and get some splitters...is not that hard to trouble shoot, there are only 8 combinations
Old 06-10-2005
Registered!!

scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
Just to add a little side note....on coupes all three nuts are not easily accessible as the sedans. The bottom two nuts are below the top of the door panel. Its easier to just remove the whole door panel, which takes like 7-8mins on each one.

I dont know what I did with my drivers side mirror, but it doesnt work now both stock and m3. Im thinking its something small (hopefully). I was trying to figure out the combination for the power movement, and in the midst of testing it just quit on me. I checked all the relevant fuses both inside and out and still could not find anything.
Old 06-10-2005
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
I really don't like the way it is "twisted upward shaped", they should make something like the oem mirror except with led turn signal.
Old 06-10-2005
Registered!!

I'm not going to get my car back today, so I can check the wire code for the power mirror but anyway this is how you can find the right wire, with a Digital or Analog multitester set it to DC put the black lead to the ground and the red lead to one of the wires on the plug from where the OEM mirror was connected and them try the control switch either up,down or left/right on the side that you are working and them make the connections you'll see in your Electrical tester a reading when you see the reading you got it.
Good luck!
Old 06-11-2005
Registered!!

just let me know when you get the wire code..ill write up the second part of the DIY
Old 06-13-2005
Registered!!

Wiring code for M3 Mirror

[[B]B]Ok this is how you have to hook your mirrors.
OEM Plug........................................ M3 Mirror
Blue/White...................................... Red
Green /White................................... Black
Blue/Black ...................................... White
I hope this info help,good luck!!!
Old 06-13-2005
Registered!!

thanks...ill make sure to try that when i get home :bigthumb:
Old 06-13-2005
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
ur such a ricer!!!
Old 06-13-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
nice rice
Old 04-09-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: DIY: M3 Mirror install

is this possible for manual mirrors?