7th Gen Do It Yourself Articles Look here for anything and everything you want to do yourself for your Civic and save money! If you can't find what you were looking for here, what about writing an article yourself? Hep appreciated! Questions on how to do are better suited in the Mechanical issues section

Xentec bi-xenon hid conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atbjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Xentec bi-xenon hid conversion kit

just purchased this kit from ebay, (6k H4 9003) installed it and the first thing it didnt work! so if you purchased the same kit, and it dosent work dont worry! just reverse the wires to the big connector going to the ballast,(the connector w/o the wire) and if you dont know how to do that just plug the connector in so the wires are reversed,even though it looks like it only goes in one way you actually can plug it in the other way (so what if the locking detent is on the opposite side,just reverse the wires in the connector later when you find out how to do it)
this hid conversion kit is actually pretty good ! and also carries a 2 year replacement warranty for the ballast and the bulbs.
ebay seller is orangemika,

PS: dont ground the top metal cover on anything in your car,it will stop it from working,dont ask me why or how?
Old 08-14-2012
Registered!!

atbjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Xentec bi-xenon hid conversion kit

Important Update: DO NOT BUY XANTEC HID kit FROM EBAY SELLER (orangemika)
Its been almost a year now since i posted this on the civic forum, a couple of days ago a xantec hid ballast went out, (Installed on wifes suv) it was supposed to be under warranty for two years from date of purchase,i tried to contact the ebay seller and so far no word,they just ignore the email.
I tried to remove my other prior post but somehow couldnt do it,dont know how? Anyways,
Just wanted the civic forum to know to keep away from XANTEC HID's especially ebay seller (orangemika)

Last edited by atbjr; 08-14-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-04-2012
Registered!!

noahsmith is an unknown quantity at this point

The best way to purchase some thing is,first search online for the product and copmany around your location and second, it must be purchased from a authorize dealer . So that if something goes wrong with the product, it is easy to replace it . And important note, high quality can't afford cheap rates. So never go for cheap rate product.
Old 09-10-2012
Registered!!

jasonjhon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing your views. And if anyone wants reasonable HID kits then you can just Google it with key words :Hid kits for sale, HID kits etc...
Old 05-13-2014
Registered!!

neoblastic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by atbjr
Important Update: DO NOT BUY XANTEC HID kit FROM EBAY SELLER (orangemika)
Its been almost a year now since i posted this on the civic forum, a couple of days ago a xantec hid ballast went out, (Installed on wifes suv) it was supposed to be under warranty for two years from date of purchase,i tried to contact the ebay seller and so far no word,they just ignore the email.
I tried to remove my other prior post but somehow couldnt do it,dont know how? Anyways,
Just wanted the civic forum to know to keep away from XANTEC HID's especially ebay seller (orangemika)
I had the complete opposite experience. ....ballast died and he sent a replacement right away. .I didn't even have to return the broken unit....answered all my emails in a timely manner.....hopefully their customer service has improve. ..