Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

One of the most impressive EK I have seen - hill climbing

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
One of the most impressive EK I have seen - hill climbing

Kennykid2002 showed me this video - I was impressed.

I could not believe this is a FWD car. Awesome! That front double wishbone suspension does miracles!
But this driver.... impressive!!!
And the suspension setup is quite impressive too. I mean, it's not three wheeling like the usual FWD setup.
note that the oversteer is sheer momentum + left foot braking, pure load transfer, no handbrake involved!
No riced out civic with a fart can here, this is a real one!

Awesome! Alex Meria, Romainian hill climber?
from outside the car:

this is the footage from onboard, same run. Check that he does not use the handbrake at all.

and the foot work! Left foot braking, heel-toe to avoid spins. Simply awesome!

this car is well setup and the driver is a monster! Flat out!
Don't get scared, rice wannabe's!

Last edited by sdaidoji; 10-21-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-21-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: One of the most impressive EK I have seen - hill climbing

Whooo, watching that second video on full screen was cool!

Many years ago I was absolutely fascinated watching videos of Audi Quattro drivers pedaling those cars much the same way as this was done.
Old 10-21-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

...Is it fast or just furious?

You and I both race and usually smooth is fast, but doesn't look fast.

I dunno I tuned out my over steer but eliminated under steer (I still have some minor torque steering problems), this guy is over steering all over, lol.

Looks like fun though.
Old 10-22-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

It sure look fun! If you ask me if it is fast, it's hard. One of the corners, he slid so much that he ended up releasing the throttle, so in the end it was not fast in that part. But if it held, it would have been helluva fast!

But if you look his driving onboard, he is being smooth.

Now, talking by experience, I always move too slow - smooth is not slow, unfortunately
Some of the autoX, when i was in the last run, that i screwed right on the start of the run, I would simply say - the hell, let's just have fun - very aggressive driving. Surprise... Ended up being the fastest run of the day... Sliding all over... no grip run, really sliding 4 wheels sideways...

Civic is really forgiving... The Miata loves sliding, but less violent than the civic. And I still leave too much time on the table

I go to the events to do stuff that I can not do in the streets, after all
Old 10-22-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Great videos!! Man he does some fancy foot work, and its a front wheel drive Civic! Would love to take lessons from someone like that.