Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

New to Honda and this forum!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ekan is an unknown quantity at this point
New to Honda and this forum!

Well, I shouldn't say that I am new to Honda, I used to have a EG when I was in H.S. I am a bimmer guy who track my car regularly (1 to 2 x per month) and that Europe piece of s**t break down all the time. So, I am planning to track a Honda instead and I want to know which Civic is the best for road course . Any suggestion will be greatly appreciate!
Old 04-12-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New to Honda and this forum!

nice, pick something light and work on the suspension. lots of good parts out there to improve handling.
Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

Something light??? Give me some sample please!
Old 04-17-2008
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

The old 88-89 Civic si's, 2nd gen CRX si's ect ect ect... Basically any thing Pre Airbag and Pre 5mph bumpers.

Neither of which need engine swaps, but they are definitely candidates. I'd be looking to find one as stock as possible.

Or you could go the integra GSR rout.

Any plans on club racing?
Old 04-18-2008
Registered!!

After owning the Bimmer, I really hate to work on car. I mean spending hours after hours just for repair, not upgrade, which make me feel very tried of it. So, the GSR route might be better for me! Found some 99 GSR on local Craiglist, any ideas which year is better!

I am a group 3 student with NASA, I want to race the Honda Challenge in the future or at least the time trial!
Old 04-18-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

hondas are so easy to work on. you open the hood and everything can be changed in plain sight with minimal effort lol.
Old 04-19-2008
Registered!!

That's true, my old EG was very easy to work on! Well, don't get it wrong, bimmer is also very to work on, but they contiuously break down. Just like putting a 90 years old man to join the Olympic!
Old 04-19-2008
Registered!!

RoNy is an unknown quantity at this point

hey people whats up...im knew on the forum to and i got my first eg...fun little car but if you want to go lightweight i recomend 89 to 91 or maybe a crx like the other guy said