Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

97 civic cluster gear indacter lights dont work

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicex97 is an unknown quantity at this point
97 civic cluster gear indacter lights dont work

hi im new to the forum i have a 97 civic ex and my dash lights work and everything else works but the gear indacater lights on the gauge cluster i checked for loose connections nothing checked and replaced all bulbs and still nothing please help what can i do to fix this? car drives fine no codes or anything it is the only problem i am having. is there anything else i can try please any sujestion will help please.

Last edited by Civicex97; 02-27-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-28-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 97 civic cluster gear indacter lights dont work

NO codes?
Does the shifter interlock work?
Do the back up lights work?

I guess I'd follow the wiring diagram and use a DVOM to verify a signal from each lever position is reaching the appropriate wire at the gauge cluster.

I'd probably check in the shift position bulb connections to see why it is not lighting up, what is missing, either the hot or the ground for a bulb so I can decide which way to chase.
I'd check for correct voltages on the wires at A1 and A2 in the cluster for operating the the shifter indicator dimmer unit inside the cluster.

HTH
Old 02-28-2016
Registered!!

yes all my other lights work but the gear indacaters on the cluster the gear indacaters on the shifter console even light up and work but not the cluster ones. and as far as i know the shifter interlock does work. is there a way to jump the wires to make them work temporarly?
Old 02-28-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Civicex97
is there a way to jump the wires to make them work temporarly?
If you don't know exactly how it's supposed to work and exactly what you are doing, you're quite likely to cause more damage than you started with.
Old 02-28-2016
Registered!!

so what if i start with replacing the circuit bord to it then go from there is it a possibility that the board went bad?
Old 02-28-2016

so what if i start with replacing the circuit bord to it then go from there is it a possibility that the board went bad?
Sure it's possible.
I like to prove a problem before throwing money at it.
Old 08-29-2016
Registered!!

97 civic ex catback exhaust

i was wondering if a 96-00 civic ek hatch catback exhaust will fit a 96-00 civic ex coupe non hatch?
Old 08-29-2016

Re: 97 civic ex catback exhaust

i was wondering if a 96-00 civic ek hatch catback exhaust will fit a 96-00 civic ex coupe non hatch?
You should start a new thread for that topic.

Do you have a fix to post for this thread?