Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Hollo

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016
CLudEx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLudEx is an unknown quantity at this point
Hollo

Greetings Enthusists, Owners, Mechs, Racers, DDs, and Noobs,
Forgive me if I missed anyone. Thank you for all the great information here on this forum. I am Shane (most call me Coach). And i am new to the Civic forum. Thats not to say that im new to Honda. I have been in a Honda for the better part of 21 years starting with a 3g Lude in '94 after a tour in Korea. Then a 2.2CL and a smattering of other Japanese automobiles. But i regained my Honda Bearings in '02 with a Civic Lx and then another 3g Lude in '09. Several 3g builds that pi$$€d off my wife to no end. Then Cleared out the garage a couple years ago and got a '12 Pilot (Love it!!). Built the oldest daughter a '93Ex two years ago and recently upgraded that to an '01 Ex. So, i guess i would classify myself as a Honda enthusist and daily driver. I am finally seriously considering trading out my Harley Davidson FXRS Custom Bagger for a VTX 1800. For no other reason than i am sick of wrenching more on the old horse than actually riding the thing. Wishing you all Peace, Joy, Luck and Happy Hondaing.
Old 02-09-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hollo

Welcome! Looks like you've had your fair share of Hondaing and you can bring lots of wisdom.

Originally Posted by CLudEx
...after a tour in Korea.
What branch?
Old 02-10-2016
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
carid is a jewel in the roughcarid is a jewel in the roughcarid is a jewel in the rough

Looks like you've got a lot of love for the automotive world. Congratulations on your new Civic, very nice. Looks like you made a great choice. Have fun!
Old 02-10-2016
CLudEx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLudEx is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the warm welcome! Well, i guess my first repairs will be the cam plug, egr gasket (need access to the cam plug), and the VTEC solenoid gaskets. (All already in hand). Have already lost a quart of oil in only a week. So, this weekend is bustaknuckle time. I would say i love driving and in a past life might have been one of the early LeMans racers. What i know is through trial and error! Like most of us. And Honda makes it easy. Although, maybe not on the back.
I spent 8 years in the Army between Infantry and Signal Corp from '88 to '96.