Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Greetings from San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tock172 is an unknown quantity at this point
Greetings from San Diego

Hello everyone! I'm a longtime BMW owner and auto enthusiast. I've owned 5 BMWs in total over the years, in addition to one Audi (which was terrible) and a Jeep, which I regret selling. I currently have a 1999 Techno Violet M3 coupe which I love! I've thoroughly been through the car and refreshed many systems including the suspension. I also have a set of lightweight track wheels and Toyo R888 tires for the car in addition to the Michelin PSS that I have for daily use.

Now onto the Honda. I recently acquired a 2003 Honda Civic EX sedan that my mother purchased new in '03, which was subsequently handed down to my sister. I was in the market for a daily driver as using my M3 every day was getting old and irritating. My sister recently acquired my mothers 2007 Civic EX when my mother made plans to purchase a 2016 Civic EX as a replacement, so we are quite the happy Honda family!

The car has 182,000 miles and the paint has seen better days, but all of the maintenance is up to date and I couldn't be happier to drive the car every day! It is an amazingly good commuter car and it's a total relief to drive as opposed to my M3. I'm also glad to be keeping the car in the family. I love the single cam VTEC motor, even though it is stifled through an automatic transmission.

Anyway, here are some pics!

Name:  05D7112D-7E34-413A-84F9-3BA19335C302.jpg
Views: 3562
Size:  165.0 KB

Name:  31DCEDE9-98D1-452C-8F9A-FD6DD52F0D33.jpg
Views: 3494
Size:  236.1 KB

Name:  D0A3B30A-388C-4327-AD72-03D0F3DC17C3.jpg
Views: 3645
Size:  563.9 KB
Old 06-17-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greetings from San Diego

Welcome!
Old 06-22-2015
Banned

vtec92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet BMW man, welcome! Very neat engine bay on your Civic but the paint looks rough especially on the roof, thinking new color?
Old 06-22-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by vtec92
Sweet BMW man, welcome! Very neat engine bay on your Civic but the paint looks rough especially on the roof, thinking new color?
Thanks! The paint on the BMW in amazing shape for having 158k and being 16 years old. I last did some mild paint correction on the BMW last summer, but this year I'd like to have the car wet sanded and coated with Ceramic Pro so the finish is protected for life.

The Civic is pretty much a lost cause. Although it was garaged for half of it's life, it wasn't washed frequently enough and I'm sure had never been waxed once. I wouldn't be opposed to having a cheap paint job done on it at some point, but right now my all resources are being diverted to the BMW. I'm swapping in an S54 engine, installing floating rotors up front, refreshing the interior and getting the car coated. It's not cheap, and last year I already did the suspension, driveline and nearly everything else.
Old 06-22-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum. Sweet M3, I would love to have one someday. Civic could use some TLC but otherwise a good looking car.

Originally Posted by tock172
Thanks! The paint on the BMW in amazing shape for having 158k and being 16 years old.
Being garage kept and living in San Diego helps
Old 06-22-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Welcome to the forum. Sweet M3, I would love to have one someday. Civic could use some TLC but otherwise a good looking car.
Thank you. The M3 truly is a pleasure, and driving it only once a week really makes me appreciate it even more.

The Civic is getting more attention from me in these last few weeks than it ever did with previous two owners. I've fully steam cleaned the interior and refinished the rusting steel wheels with enamel.