Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

So, here's my intro story...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheRubixHorse is an unknown quantity at this point
So, here's my intro story...

I bought myself a 2004 LX last May to save me from the gas guzzling, money absorbing monstrosity I called my '02 Liberty Renegade...

Needless to say, the Honda has done its job well so far. I bought it with 163,000 miles on the ticker and it will be hitting 190,000 this week.

I originally intended to keep it as a sort of "interim" vehicle to be resold when I found something nicer, but now I've grown attached and when I crunched the numbers, I save a heck of a lot more each month by keeping it. That being said, this now means I have a bit of a task at hand refreshing the thing and bringing it up to my standards.

So far I've mostly just washed and waxed it (dents, scrapes, rust and all), and I'm currently in the process of saving the steel rims and making them look nicer. My ultimate goal is to refresh the interior so that it is more comfortable for my long commute and frequent summer road trips. I'll be installing a nice touch screen HU and either having the seats reupholstered or buying nice covers if I can ever find some that are REAL leather. I'm debating changing the exterior color as well, but I haven't finished researching that just yet.

That's pretty much it =]

Wheels before:

Primer on:

Painting finished:

Still need to get center caps and edge rings.
Old 04-11-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So, here's my intro story...

Welcome to the forum!

CRV used little centercaps on steel wheels. I can't think of anything Honda that used chrome rings though.
Old 04-11-2015
Registered!!

TheRubixHorse is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't quite decided if I'm going to get rings or just mask and repaint the outer portion of the rims. I picked up a real dark metallic grey to paint the center caps and edges so it's not super flashy. Trying to keep it looking semi-stock but unique at the same time. I design and install vehicle wraps full time so there may even be some vinyl involved somewhere along the way, and the equipment we have in the shop is giving me way too many ideas lol
Old 04-11-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum.

wheels look much better!
Old 04-11-2015
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Nice job on the rims. You do vinyl wrapping,eh. Too bad you don't live close to me. I think the vinyl wrap concept is awesome.
Old 04-11-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-17-2015
Banned

vtec92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm on the same boat man, I miss my '03 Liberty renegade but so happy with my civic. Well done on rims..
Old 04-17-2015
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. Car looks great. Not much work needed by the pictures. It's a great commuter car. I racked up 140,000 miles doing a 50 mile daily commute. Car never left me stranded.