Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

2004 Civic EX

Old 04-15-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twenty 110 is an unknown quantity at this point
2004 Civic EX

Good evening all,

I've been looking at this forum for a few months now and decided to join. I bought an 04 EX sedan with a manual transmission back in October when my current car started biting the dust. Honestly I never knew I'd enjoy driving it so much, and I have grown quite attached to it. Here are a few pictures, I plan on autocrossing the car this year. I am planning on buying wheels/tires and a rear sway bar in the next few weeks/months before the season starts

Old 04-15-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2004 Civic EX

Name:  9YEmRTs.gif
Views: 5
Size:  29.1 KB

Welcome!
Old 04-15-2014
Tempus Fugit

hyperhonda2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice looking civic, welcome
Old 04-16-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

welcome!

are you familiar with the rules on autoX? (albeit a lot of the classes changed this year...)
shocks, rear sway bar if you want to keep in street (stock) class (was this the new class name? cannot remember...)
Old 04-16-2014
Registered!!

Thanks for the compliments.

As for autocross, my dad got a 2004 GTO several years ago and we've been racing that with a local Miata club. It's grown to about half miatas/half non-miatas, but we only split the non-miatas into two classes. It's pretty much muscle cars/lower powered light cars in one and quick, light, s2000/STi/etc in the other. As for the stuff I can do in the class, it's pretty much open to whatever I want to do to the car. I figured tires/wheels/sway bar would be a good start, and not too much of an investment when I decide to buy another car here in the next year or so
Old 04-16-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

if you don't bother about classes and is aiming for an open prep class, my suggestions would be Crower stage 1 cam (drop in and enjoy), front camber bolts and springs + matching shocks.
Sorry, thought you were running some SCCA/NASA autoX
Old 04-16-2014
Registered!!

No worries. My main goal is to try and beat some cars with 2/3/4x the power and have good time. I want to start with things that are easily reversible (take off/sell wheels, unbolt the sway bar, etc) while I'm still deciding how long I want to keep the car. Then I can get into the fun suspension pieces, I've seen sedans with mild drops and they just look much better