Old 11-20-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TMetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 04 Civic EX Post Radio install issues

Wall of text ahead

After installing an
aftermarket radio aftermarket radio
I had a radio related fuse blow, and when i replaced the fuse the radio worked fine. Feeling accomplished as I had never installed anything on my own car before, I drove the vehicle around for 3 weeks with various issues I never noticed, such as lights not flashing when i locked or unlocked the vehicle, no beeping when I left the lights on ( I am a dumbass) until roughly 3 weeks later I was pulled over, for my tail lights not working unless I braked. Previous to this I had no idea this was a problem, as I am an idiot. I thanked him and drove home to figure out the issue, and determined the only thing I had changed was the radio. I swapped the radio out, removing the adapter I had setup in the process. I successfully turned on the stock radio, and my rear lights were working after replacing the 2nd 15a fuse (for small lights), I had done it! Unfortunately for me, my problem was quickly replaced with a non-functioning passenger side low beam light, and a loss of light in all but the gas meter portion of the dashboard when i switched on my lights. The driver side low beam works though.
This is where I currently am, and I have no idea what to do. The fuses for all my front lights are intact, along with the small lights fuse. Did the radio somehow cause an electrical issue that has plagued my car? All I know for sure is I am feeling unworthy of owning a car, and I should never attempt to install my own things into my car, no matter how much it costs.

Send help
Old 11-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
Re: 04 Civic EX Post Radio install issues

Check all of the wires you touched. Check for exposed wires or loose connections, I am guessing something is shorting out. Maybe an exposed wire touching another one or grounding to a metal car part/body part.
Old 11-21-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 04 Civic EX Post Radio install issues

^and check all fuses in both fuse boxes^