Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greenmonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlights

So I was thinking of replacing my old and dingy headlights with some new halo projector headlights. However, I don't want to look stupid driving down the road. Does anybody have any opinions on this or pictures of their own cars that you've replaced your headlights on. I want to go with the black version like these
Amazon.com: Honda Civic 2 4 Door Black Halo Led Projector Headlight , Smoked Fog Lights: Automotive Amazon.com: Honda Civic 2 4 Door Black Halo Led Projector Headlight , Smoked Fog Lights: Automotive
or these
Amazon.com: Honda Civic 4Dr Dx Lx Ex Jdm Black Head Lights Lamps Pair: Automotive Amazon.com: Honda Civic 4Dr Dx Lx Ex Jdm Black Head Lights Lamps Pair: Automotive

Also is this a hard switch, never done it before any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by Greenmonster; 02-28-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-01-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about
Re: Headlights

I would get these and retrofit them with HID projectors if you want a projector setup. The other set has a projector look but doesn't appear to be HID. They might focus the beam a little but most likely not like a true HID set would. Also I see a lot of complaints about leaky headlights and stuff with most of these aftermarket kits.

But if you just want the looks of the halo lights and you're goal isn't the light output then I'm sure they'd be fine. I'd just examine the edges of them to look for leaks before you put them in so you don't have to worry about taking them out again to fix them.

Replacing the headlights isn't hard. You have to take the front bumper off which seems like a big deal but there's a few plastic buttons underneath you have to take off then it pretty much pops off if I remember.
Old 03-03-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Do a lens restore on your headlights to make them new again.

If you want better light output then retrofit the headlights with HID's and projectors. Check out theretrofitsource.com

If you just want looks then you can replace them, just check for leaks as mentioned and don't expect the light output to be that great. It is not difficult to replace the headlights though.
Old 03-03-2015
Registered!!

Greenmonster is an unknown quantity at this point

I've cleaned them before with, I think it was, a turtle wax restoration kit. After a few months it was back to yellow once more. Thanks for the link I'll check it out.
Old 02-29-2016
Registered!!

SammySC has a spectacular aura aboutSammySC has a spectacular aura about

I just swapped mine yesterday with these JDM Crystal black amber. I had to do some modification to the fasteners on top to be able to adjust the light path to the appropropiate level. Nothing major, just drilled a new hole on that fastener to be able to lower the beam because it was too high. Now it's perfect.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	headlights.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	88538   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	88539   Click image for larger version

Name:	ABS grill and JDM black headlights.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	88566   Click image for larger version

Name:	ABS grill 1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	88567  

Last edited by SammySC; 03-08-2016 at 12:48 PM.