Go Back   Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civics by Generation > 7th Gen > I.C.E. & Electrical > Lighting
Register Forgot Password?

Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Welcome to civicforums.com!
Welcome to civicforums.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join civicforums.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2010   #1
Registered!!

Points: 815, Level: 15 Points: 815, Level: 15 Points: 815, Level: 15
Level up: 15%, 85 Points needed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
relentless is an unknown quantity at this point
headlight, turn signal socket.

hey everyone, this is my first post i used to post on 7thgen.

anyway, i have a 2003 civic and i need to find a new socket for the turn signal for my headlights.. anyone know where i can just get this? tried to scope junkyards to no avail of course.

thanks in advance
relentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010   #2
25+ Years Driving Japanese Automobiles

Points: 26,564, Level: 97 Points: 26,564, Level: 97 Points: 26,564, Level: 97
Level up: 22%, 786 Points needed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Activity: 99.3%
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
CraigW is a glorious beacon of light CraigW is a glorious beacon of light CraigW is a glorious beacon of light CraigW is a glorious beacon of light CraigW is a glorious beacon of light CraigW is a glorious beacon of light CraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: headlight, turn signal socket.

Plug in the cars info at www.hondapartsnow.com and look under "headlight" it shows the socket and the OEM part #. Take the part # to the dealer see if they have it in stock.
CraigW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010   #3
Super Moderator

Points: 146,804, Level: 100 Points: 146,804, Level: 100 Points: 146,804, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 54.5%
Activity: 54.5% Activity: 54.5% Activity: 54.5%
gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunately they are very expensive at the dealer, over $20 for ONE socket.
Old 03-23-2010   #4
Registered!!

Points: 9,200, Level: 64 Points: 9,200, Level: 64 Points: 9,200, Level: 64
Level up: 50%, 150 Points needed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
unTuned is a name known to all unTuned is a name known to all unTuned is a name known to all unTuned is a name known to all unTuned is a name known to all unTuned is a name known to all unTuned is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to unTuned

yea they will be expensive. if you really want to save money, you can take out the good signal socket from the other side and go to a local pick your part yard. you should be able to find something very close to yours in another car. you might have to cut off a little tab or something, but you should be able to find something.

'02 Si-G Veloz Edition ~ Canada

HP 4-1 race header - AEM Short ram intake - Tsudo N1 2.5" catback system - NGK Iridium IX spark plugs - OBX Racing strut tower - 4 ga. ground kit - Drag DR-19 17" rims - Kumho Ecsta AST 215/45/r17 tires - 8000k HID kit - Varad led custom street lighting - McMaster trunk shock kit - Pioneer deh-p5900ib deck - Alpine Type-S 12" sub - Phoenix Gold mps-2500 amp - Infinity Kappa 692.9i 6x9 speakers

anyone have a driver side door lock actuator for sale? PM me
unTuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010   #5
Registered!!

hondadave is an unknown quantity at this point

i am a rebuilder of hondas for 12 years as far as i know it is dealer only about 7 bucks want i need to know did u find any sources im having prob with replacment after market but oem style that theoriginal corner lite socket doesnot fit the new headlight but have bought other cars that came in with the socket i need someone somwhere knows where to get them !! no #s on the sockets they are light grey instead of dark and fit right would buy lots sick of f ing with this problem on every car i repair the wire plug still fits good too !! the socket looks oem but is slightly smaller than the original im not really computer savy if this is only going to one guy please post this ? and let me know if anyone answers who makes? phone # to order thanx !!
hondadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010   #6
Super Moderator

Points: 146,804, Level: 100 Points: 146,804, Level: 100 Points: 146,804, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 54.5%
Activity: 54.5% Activity: 54.5% Activity: 54.5%
gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute gearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the honda originals can be had at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

if the other aftermarket ones are loose, you can add a second o-ring to the socket to make it fit more snug. most auto stores have o-rings of various sizes.
CivicForums
Honda Civic

Paid Advertisement

Tags
00 , 01 , 05 , 2002 , 2004 , bulb , civic , headlight , honda , light , sackit , signal , socket , sockets , turn , turning