Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

REVIEW: Philips CrystalVision H4 halogen!! (lots of pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
REVIEW: Philips CrystalVision H4 halogen!! (lots of pics)

After selling my hids, the stock bulbs were just too yellow. I needed something that would stand out, a pure white light. Well I already tried cool blue and it seemed kinda dim and off white. I was thinking about silverstar, but my bro said they burnt out in a month and weren't even that white.

Well seeing as how the stock bulbs are philips, I decided to see what else they have as a comparable bulb. Well I found crystalvision, the replacement to their discontinued blue vision product line. I paid around $35 for a pair of these coated bulbs.

Now after installing and testing them out, I was very impressed both in color and light output. I would say they are the best bulbs if you want a 4000k white light. These are actually very bright as well! Only thing is during the day you can see a faint blue reflection in the housing when lights are off. Not a big deal since they perform so well at night. Looks VERY similar to the hids I used to have both on the ground and head-on. Overall a 9/10 rating. I'm not too worried about quality since they're philips afterall (from Germany). I can't wait til my upgraded wire harness gets here and they get an extra 2-3 volts!

Since these came out so nice, I decided to put the nokya 2500k yellow fog bulbs back in as well. They give over 2x the brightness and visibility that the stocks do. Also put some matching raybrig 3800k hyper white license plate lights. Okay pics are below so enjoy. Last pic is with the fog lights on along with headlights. The pic with the blue gauges came out yellow looking, but rest assured its a pure white color light.

Last edited by gearbox; 07-13-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-13-2005
Civicforums Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
moved to the Lighting forum
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

ojay is on a distinguished road
how much were they?
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

tbaleno is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you buy them online or is there a chain store that sells them.
Old 07-13-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I just got em at local Meijer store for $35 pair.
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

tbaleno is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm going to have to stop by tomorrow and pick up a pair. My stock lights are sooo dim
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zen_master is on a distinguished road
hmm...nice!

but gear, silverstar IS white..

the distant, using our projector....is damn good!

im actually re-impressed myself on the second set! the lifetime.....

they're $27 on wal-mart =)

but this is also interesting....................

too bad i don't have Meijer over here, i think...i might be gettin em for stocking when i'm going to chicago next august... =)

Last edited by zen_master; 07-13-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-13-2005
Premium Member

I saw silverstar on a civic and rsx and imo its just not that white compared to these. Whiter than stock but these just look so much better on the road. And I've heard all over how silver star barely lasts a few months.
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

hmm..

i've to disagree about the lifetime of ST that you stated...

there are three of us here who's using silverstar..

my last set......lasted one year..

my friend's infiniti......already one year or more this month..

my friend's accord.....lasted longer than my first set.....lol. i believe it's still running strong and white on his accord projector
Old 07-13-2005
Premium Member

only one year? not good imo. I want at least 2 years if not more. We'll see how long these philips last.
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

well, that's the thing, gear......

even sylvania state on their website that....due to the material and the way they work (brightness), they already predicted that it should lasts aproximately one year.....

i guess sylvania don't want to be full of themself about their product...lol

if you get more than that............well, ur lucky =)

but yea.....back to the topic, bro

it looks nice........philips==sylvania.....isn't there any "family" relation between them?

is this the bulb, gear?

yo, that blue coating on this thing i found on ebay is so blue, man....no wonder they're that white...

Last edited by zen_master; 07-13-2005 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-14-2005
Premium Member

Mine aren't that blue for the H4. Sylvania and philips are different companies. Yes its known that coated bulbs have less life, but should be at least 2 years. Even the cool blue I had lasted that long. The silverstar has very little coating on it too.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

^it's true....i hoped my set right now will last that long........

well, actually, a year is good for me though....u wanna know why?

as time flies.........the output degrades.....the color, also before yellowish.....so, why would i want em lasts 2 years? it diminish the reason for me to buy a new set, huwahahahaha....

cool blue should last longer.....cos' i believe, according to sylvania, the output of silverstar is way better (stronger) than CB...hence why it's (ST) life is suppose to be shorter... =)
Old 07-14-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
i like my silverstars. they weren't yellow at all and they lasted over a year.

Old 07-14-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
looking nice
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

hm.........im kind of in doubt about those digital pictures..

i think the same thing happened to gearbox's cool blue picture long time ago..

they seem to be whiter than the real one.........
Old 07-14-2005
Premium Member

mine is almost as white as the hid I had. Very similar looking both in the housing and on the road. Just not as bright. Except for the last 2 pics, the rest show how it looks in real life. Pure white without any rice look.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
now this is a bit off topic and sorry to sorta ****** yer thread but would i have to change harnesses from the 9006 to the h4's if i do get h4 bulbs? def wouldnt mind changing my stock bulbs out even tho they are pretty good but would like something better.
Old 07-14-2005
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
if you need 9006 bulbs, get 9006.
Old 07-14-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by crazyasian
now this is a bit off topic and sorry to sorta ****** yer thread but would i have to change harnesses from the 9006 to the h4's if i do get h4 bulbs? def wouldnt mind changing my stock bulbs out even tho they are pretty good but would like something better.
you can't change it without performing some headlight surgery...so just look for 9006 bulbs
Old 07-15-2005
Premium Member

i put stock bulbs back. These were just too much blue reflection during the day and I want clean look.
Old 07-16-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
They look real good, does anyone know where to buy these online?
Old 07-16-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Originally Posted by gearbox
i put stock bulbs back. These were just too much blue reflection during the day and I want clean look.
Haha

Seriously man...

Me, You and infinite need to stop with the lights

I had to have gone over $3k worth of "lights"
Old 07-17-2005
Premium Member

yeah i'm just gonna get upgraded wire harness and use stock bulbs with yellow fogs. Its still fine at night. I'm tired of messing with it all the time.