Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

condensation in headlight question?

Old 05-22-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
condensation in headlight question?

I have alot of condensation in my passanger side headlight that doesnt go away. Whether it is day or night, hot or cold, raining or not, it just stays there. It doesnt even go away and then come back. Its like it is stuck in there. What is a good way to get it out? Right now I have it sitting in the sun with the bulb pulled out and whether protecter pulled out.
Old 05-22-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Take them apart (assuming you haven't already to clear them) and get the condensation out. I used a heat gun when my original OEM one's did this once I cleared them. Once the condensation is out, you can put them back together. Heating the seal (black stuff) around them will help them go back together and reseal. I aslo added a bead of clear silicone around the little gap where the two pieces slide together. Then, let the silicone dry. I no longer had any condensation problems. If there's not an adequate moisture barrier around the lens, it's not sealed, and moisture can get in, and cause condensation inside the lamp.
Old 05-22-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
mine are aftermarket gunmetal ones, so I didnt do them. The moisture is out now, I let it sit in the sun for a while with the bulbs out and the wheather backings off.
Old 05-23-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
I would put some silicone around the seal to make sure it doesnt happen again

also, dont drill any holes, lol