Go Back   Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civics by Generation > 7th Gen > I.C.E. & Electrical > Lighting
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Experience Used CarsGarageVendors TSB & Recalls
Welcome to Honda Civic Forum

Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2004   #1 (permalink)
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to streetglower
condensation in headlight question?

I have alot of condensation in my passanger side headlight that doesnt go away. Whether it is day or night, hot or cold, raining or not, it just stays there. It doesnt even go away and then come back. Its like it is stuck in there. What is a good way to get it out? Right now I have it sitting in the sun with the bulb pulled out and whether protecter pulled out.
streetglower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004   #2 (permalink)
Electric Boogaloo...

Points: 18,750, Level: 86 Points: 18,750, Level: 86 Points: 18,750, Level: 86
Level up: 80%, 100 Points needed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Take them apart (assuming you haven't already to clear them) and get the condensation out. I used a heat gun when my original OEM one's did this once I cleared them. Once the condensation is out, you can put them back together. Heating the seal (black stuff) around them will help them go back together and reseal. I aslo added a bead of clear silicone around the little gap where the two pieces slide together. Then, let the silicone dry. I no longer had any condensation problems. If there's not an adequate moisture barrier around the lens, it's not sealed, and moisture can get in, and cause condensation inside the lamp.
"Can you imagine what it feels like to have someone sit you down and tell you that you're dying? The gravity of that, hmm? Then the clock's ticking for you. In a split second your awe is cracked open. You look at things differently - smell things differently..... But most people have the luxury of not knowing when that clock's going to go off. And the irony of it is that that keeps them from really living their life. It keeps them drinking that glass of water but never really tasting it."
PopcornPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004   #3 (permalink)
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to streetglower
mine are aftermarket gunmetal ones, so I didnt do them. The moisture is out now, I let it sit in the sun for a while with the bulbs out and the wheather backings off.
streetglower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004   #4 (permalink)
Banned

ImPulse should not be trusted ImPulse should not be trusted ImPulse should not be trusted ImPulse should not be trusted ImPulse should not be trusted ImPulse should not be trusted ImPulse should not be trusted ImPulse should not be trusted ImPulse should not be trusted ImPulse should not be trusted ImPulse should not be trusted
I would put some silicone around the seal to make sure it doesnt happen again

also, dont drill any holes, lol
ImPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004
CivicForums
Honda Civic

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2000 , 2002 , 2003 , 2004 , civic , condensation , front , headlight , headlights , honda , inside , led , light , moisture , night , remove