Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

reversing 2004 blinkers???

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deamon32 is an unknown quantity at this point
reversing 2004 blinkers???

The 04 blinker and parking lights are in the same bulb. I bought some white bulbs. When the parking light is on, the bulb is less bright and when the blinker is on, it blinks brighter. I want to reverse the whole process, because when the blinker blinks it is the same color as my headlights. I already rewired the the blinker so that the ground stays the same (black) and the green and red wires are switched (two positives i guess) so now the parking light is bright but it will not blink... i read something about a new residuator, but i dont know anything about those, can anyone help me with this
Old 05-19-2004
Registered!!

no one can help me out? if i no one knows how to do it i might just buy some side markers and make those my blinkers
Old 05-21-2004
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
the bulb isnt made to stay that bright. the filiment will burn out quike as ****
Old 05-22-2004
Registered!!

i have an unlimited source. How do i do it?
Old 05-23-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Well it's the design of the bulb. One filament is for blinking (green wire), and the other for parking lights (red). Maybe you can get relays, but it's gonna take some thinking and probably not worth the money and time. Sorry I can't help more.

And I don't think that it blinks brighter. The parking light filament always stays on. Then when it blinks, you have both filaments on. That's what makes it brighter. And you don't want to keep both filaments on because it's a big drain on power.

My advice would be to use a different bulb that matches better, or just stick in an OEM clear bulb and have it be amber. Or you could wire it so that the bulb stays off and only flashes when the signal is on. Only problem is you won't have parking lights.
Old 05-23-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Actually you're right. The 7443 has a high (bright) and low (dim) filament. There are four wires coming from the bulb. One is for high, one for low, and two for ground. I would think that switching the two power wires would do it, but you're saying it didn't work. So I don't know.
Old 05-23-2004
Registered!!

its 3 wires, with a high, low and one ground, but not having a parking light is a good idea too, ill probably do that till i get my side markers in